new age(pod/biscuit) idea.....

Different opinions here but if you are looking for drive the quad or a straight twin fin are hard to beat. The quad has better hold and in my opinion carries speed better through cutbacks, especially on average waves. I do prefer thrusters when the waves are actually good.

I just glassed my first stringerless with 2 x 4 oz S bottom, deck is 6 oz E with layer of 4oz S on top. I have a glue line for a stringer, that's it.

The board went into its first official test drive this past weekend in clean 4ft surf. It freaking goes off. I told my friend I would have been more than happy if I bought it off the rack with the exception of the cosmetics of it. Thats my glassing schedule it worked well in terms of performance. I can't comment on durability yet though. So far there are just some minor foot wells.

Starting with a hotwired blank is a bit easier in my opinion having done both ways. If the rocker is somewhat in place tweaking it is a lot less difficult than shaping it from a flat blank. If using Gorilla glue laterally by stacking sheets try to plan so you don't have to shape into the glue line on the bottom or deck if possible. I found that to be more difficult than it seems. Listen to Oneula if going this route haha. Of course I have to learn the hard way!

Pods or biscuit's are relatively low in rocker so not cutting into the glue line might be easier.