Okay to sand laminating resin?

I glassed the bottom of my board yesterday. All is fairly well, except where the cloth wraps around the edges are a bit rough. I trimmed with a razor blade as well as I could during the late gel stage, but of course, there are still some rough spots that rise up perhaps a 1/16 of an inch. Should I sand these flush to the foam on the deck before laminating the deck? They reach around the rails to almost the deck level. Info: 6 oz bottom, plus I will be putting on two six ounce tops. Thanks for any advice you have. Oh, and what about bubbles in the lamination layers. I have three that are the size of a dime where I put in laminates. Should I puncture them and fill in with lam resin, or sand them open and fill with lam resin? I am using poly resin. Thought I’d add that. Thanks again.

you can either fill the holes in using plastic syringes, available at most marine supply stores, or open them up and fill in. as far as sanding laps go…you don’t want to sand them too much. that will cause discoloring. the best thing to use is an air powered angle grinder w/ 50 grit discs, that’s if you have an air compressor. i also like to use a small surform for heavy spots. it shaves off the resin nicely. white sandpaper is the way to go for hand sanding. doesn’t leave dark specs in the glass.

I glassed the bottom of my board yesterday. All is fairly well, except > where the cloth wraps around the edges are a bit rough. I trimmed with a > razor blade as well as I could during the late gel stage, but of course, > there are still some rough spots that rise up perhaps a 1/16 of an inch. > Should I sand these flush to the foam on the deck before laminating the > deck? They reach around the rails to almost the deck level. Info: 6 oz > bottom, plus I will be putting on two six ounce tops. Thanks for any > advice you have. Oh, and what about bubbles in the lamination layers. I > have three that are the size of a dime where I put in laminates. Should I > puncture them and fill in with lam resin, or sand them open and fill with > lam resin? I am using poly resin. Thought I’d add that.>>> Thanks again. …IT’s okay to sand lam ,just make sure it’s stiff,and cut your air bubbles out rather than heating them up with a sander is better.Herb