Picking right measurements

Hey Surfnerd… 18" is real skinny for anything in the 7 foot range. Here’s the post on scaling I was referring to. I can’t remeber who posted it, I think Greg Loehr? Sorry, I just cut and paste this stuff into my scrapbook, probably should take notes on who wrote it. The only problem is that it fixes one width for any given length, which can’t be taken too literally. But it’s a good rule of thumb until you develop your own. - - - - In scaling it’s alright to scale everything, “straight scale,” except for the width. In John’s scale the rail to rail transition gets slower as the board gets longer. If you start with an 18" wide 6 footer, using straight scale you’ll end up with a 27" wide 9 footer. I wouldn’t want to ride that, would you? Instead use the traditional 22.5 inch for the top of the scale (9 footer) and use 18 for the bottom (the 6 footer). Take the 4.5 inches between and divide them by the 36 inches between 6 foot and 9 foot. You come out with 0.125” which is 1/8 of an inch. For every inch of length you adjust by 1/8 of an inch width. This will give you correct scale for different size guys

hey rook, i remeasured with a color printout. i think the b&w was throwing me off. looks like it’s more like 21". I got the measurements as 1 1/8, 1 3/4, and 1 5/16 this time, which (if my math is right) would give me 13 1/2", 21", and 15 3/4". thanks for the info from Greg. my mind’s churning on it now.

6’10" x 21" x 3" x 14" x 16 1/4", homage to Geoff. 38" 24" 34", homage to the in laws, for the ride they shaped 32 years ago.