Pig Board

My hunch is that your new board is gonna ride great.  I really like the shape and the glass job looks like it’s strong and water tight.  That’s really what counts… 

It looks good from 6 feet away so it passes, that’s all of us can really hope for (other than you pros). Waxing it up for the first time will feel great. Plus it lets you cover any fudge ups that would otherwise drive you nuts. 

Ugh sike!

thanks john. 

But I talked myself into one last round of sanding the deck gloss coat. 

When do do I stop? All the obvious shiny low spots are out, but when I hold the board in a very specific light there’s a very thin sheen of shinier stuff here and there. 

Almost looks like the board is “sweating” or something. 

Is that just the how the gloss is supposed to look? Feel like I’m getting close to hitting the hot coat. 

Reading around here but not seeing this. 

Do what you can to get rid of shiny spots.  At some point you have to just call it good.  Once you take the Polish to it, you’ll be suprised at how good it looks.  The little divots and shiny are a result of your hot coat and gloss coats. Spots like that start with the shaped blanks and then are accented by the lamination, hot coat and gloss.  Final sand and screen of the shaped blank is crucial and where everything starts as far as getting a nice flat level surface.