Pin tail on a semi gun

thinking of a full pin rather than a round or rounded on a 7’2 semi. Flat bottom with a vee in teh last third. anything wrong with a pin on this short of a board? A lot of semis seem to have more rounded tails. thanks

thinking of a full pin rather than a round or rounded on a 7’2 semi. Flat > bottom with a vee in teh last third. anything wrong with a pin on this > short of a board? A lot of semis seem to have more rounded tails. thanks Rounde pin is a very common tail shape How wide at the center and what tail width are you going with?

thinking of a full pin rather than a round or rounded on a 7’2 semi. Flat > bottom with a vee in teh last third. anything wrong with a pin on this > short of a board? A lot of semis seem to have more rounded tails. thanks…>>>>>>>>>>Check out my gun on the board page(it has a small amount of curve in the tail),(catagory=8’-8’-11").This board could have easily been 7’-2",infact I like the board so much I plan on building one in the 7’-2"range for myself.Herb

Halcyon, I plan to make the board 19" wide at about the middle. Not sure about the tail width, probably around 12". Herb, That is a sweet gun! The tail is exactly like what I have in mind. Do you think a tail that “pinny” will be OK on a 7’2". thanks guys

Halcyon,>>> I plan to make the board 19" wide at about the middle. Not sure about > the tail width, probably around 12".>>> Herb,>>> That is a sweet gun! The tail is exactly like what I have in mind. Do you > think a tail that “pinny” will be OK on a 7’2".>>> thanks guys Just depends on whether your into late steep takeoffs or not.

Just depends on whether your into late steep takeoffs or not. There is allot of opinions out there about tail width and performance. I’m on the wide side myself. But it all depends on how you surf and how big you are too. What suit me doesn’t necessarily suit you. Best, Rich

Yeah,it will work nicely,provided we get any waves.Herb

Just depends on whether your into late steep takeoffs or not. A pin won’t catch waves well? even on a 7’2 x 19 x 2.75?