Pine Alaia Build

have fun skip- say hi to paul if you see him. he said it was good down your way yesterday- he took a study break to get his gils wet.

i love these- i will have to get out the sabersaw and work on our woodpile!

flat as a pancake. everyone was at Malibu

I have a woodpile too :smiley: i try to make all my boards from discarded pieces of wood, and that seems to work fine!

greetings,

Eef

thats a fine lookin board

great work steiny

wow,those boards r out of control!! have a look at my rather boring boards, it is under ALAIA search 'my 1`st go at a alaia"

In Action!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Eef

Ripping!

Looks like some fun was had…

yes- much fun was had!

Sorry this post is kind of late in to the topic but with the linseed oil coat, does it work well on pine and if so how long will it make the board last? Oh yeah and did you mix the oil with anything like turpentine wax or something. Thanks for your tolerance

Sorry this post is kind of late in to the topic but with the linseed oil coat, does it work well on pine and if so how long will it make the board last? Oh yeah and did you mix the oil with anything like turpentine wax or something. Thanks for your tolerance

we just used hardware store boiled linseed oil. oiled it and oiled it until it wouldn’t take in any more. then redid it every week or two. the alaia in the original first page shots eventually warped (its the board leaning on the fence in the shot belwo). not sure if that was from water intrusion, the thinness of the pine, or the way it was stored. still looks beautful and who knows- maybe the warp will make it ride better!

my son built another with motif (the one in these shots) that is holding up fine. he used the same boiled linseed oil. a bonus of using it was all the oily rags. all our wood handled shop tools got a coat and our garden tools too- and the porch glider and picnic table.

have fun and good luck- post photos of your project if you can. old uncle steiny

over a year old and holding up fine. boiled linseed oil. here it is being surfed two days ago