Post Pictures of your latest project - what ya been working on?

Thanks drzoidberg,

those boards range from 5-6 to 5-8.

They are fun and quick.

My latest from rocker slices of Blue Dow styrofoam. This was a rebuild of an older board that almost snapped in half.

Originally laminated the bottom with a white/green pigment abd the deck with a yellow foam stain. Added white rattle can paint.

do you vac bag the glass to properly adhere the rail handles?

Also, just routed out the finboxes on my first EPS board - gonna glass it tonight. I’m putting white pigment into the glass job since the board sat a while and collected dust into the foam which I wasn’t able to clean out without staining. Surprisingly, not twisted though…

hiya Zac !

I HOPE that ‘3 fin setup’… is a** finbox** back fin , with side fcs plugs , on that  " M.P. stubbie "  'adapt '.

[ otherwise , I’m almost tempted to cry ''sacrilege ! "   :)  ]

Ace , THAT is a beauty !

I have not seen a deep single concave ‘stinger’ , before ?!

… how far up did you place the ‘wings’ ??

what is the length and width and nose and tail and tail pod dimensions , íf’you don’t mind me asking ?? [ …and …no , I am NOT going to copy it … it’s just my natural curiousity asking , is all !  :)  ]

** cheers **for this new thread , Huck !

ben

Not gonna keep bumping my own thread, so, here you go. Got this cleaned up and ready for glass. The close end is actually the tail, although it certainly looks like it could go both ways. 8’x21.5"x3", single to flat to vee, my fourth board. I forgot how clean poly blanks look compared to EPS.

sozza ben its a thruster :slight_smile:

Not sure if your question was to me. No vac bagging for lams. Don’t know how to do that yet. I just did a lot of baby sitting to get the bottom lam tucked into the rail channels. Then I did a yellow pigment fill coat/foam stain on the deck before a clear lam. I did a 2 stage deck lam, but only because the deck felt too soft with a single layer of 9 oz. Ended up with an extra 6 oz over the 9. The deck channels were because I didn’t have the patience to wait and vac a balsa skin with Bernie. Funny thing is I have everything I need to vac bag, but I didn’t have enough balsa. It’s sitting in a storage unit in Ewa Beach.

Vac bagging the lam would have been a much better way to go. I have to make an appointment with you to learn how you do that. Not sure when that would be.

Last one, just polished, pretty happy how the polish came out considering its epoxy. 

Nicely done Chumboman! Hollow or skinned foam?-J

Thank you! its skinned foam, still havent had the courage to try hollow surfboards.

Just about done with this one.  Just need to sand the hotcoat and seal.

Thanks for the info. I am availble if you ever need help.

c-man,

Looks so nice. I notice you have a vent in the deck. What density foam and stringer situation?

bb30, Cant say about the foam density, i get it from the hardware store in 8’x4’x6" panels, this board ended weighing in at 5lbs so im guessing its probably about 1lb/ft3. Stringer is 4 layers of 1/8" balsa, bottom skin not connected to rails and top skin connected to 2 layers of 1/8" balsa, dont know if i explained myself correctly. 

I should hope so… that board looks great!  

If you would (?) - length, width, and further explanation on how the bottom and deck are or are not tied to rails?

Seriously - that’s one fine board.

This one’s the latest one to come out of my shed. 6’ x 20.5" x 2.75", nose 16 3/8", tail 16 1/4", wide point is about two inches forward of centre. I made it for a beginner, so there’s nothing fancy about the bottom contours - dead flat. Batik inlay with wide resin pinlines to disguise the rageddy edges of the fabric. I’d like to give it a go before handing it over, just to see how it goes.

Cass,

That is NICE.  I’d love to give that thing a go.

Thanks for the explanation. BEautiful old school look with high tech under the skins. Nice job C-man. Impressive finish too.

Free hand pin line

5’6’’ x 20’’ x 2 1/2’’