R and everything else

If one of you,from the inner circle of Swaylock’s discussion board were to receive a contract from a large surf industry corp.,and the offer was to good to pass up,but in the fine print you read that you are forbidden to particapate in any other website discussion boards,including Swaylock’s,would you sign?Give the reasons you would or wouldnot.

If one of you,from the inner circle of Swaylock’s discussion board were to > receive a contract from a large surf industry corp.,and the offer was to > good to pass up,but in the fine print you read that you are forbidden to > particapate in any other website discussion boards,including > Swaylock’s,would you sign?Give the reasons you would or wouldnot. What? So the big industry guys are afraid of the internet?Do they want to control it?What does a great little sight like Swaylocks have to do with them anyway? Remember Enron.

you weren’t talking to me, but anyone who wants to post here doesn’t necessarily need to reveal their identity. swaylock’s can be more about ‘what’ instead of about ‘who’ if one wants it to be.>>> If one of you,from the inner circle of Swaylock’s discussion board were to > receive a contract from a large surf industry corp.,and the offer was to > good to pass up,but in the fine print you read that you are forbidden to > particapate in any other website discussion boards,including > Swaylock’s,would you sign?Give the reasons you would or wouldnot.

If one of you,from the inner circle of Swaylock’s discussion board were to > receive a contract from a large surf industry corp.,and the offer was to > good to pass up,but in the fine print you read that you are forbidden to > particapate in any other website discussion boards,including > Swaylock’s,would you sign?Give the reasons you would or wouldnot. There is NOTHING to good to pass up outside of family. That would be a sell you soul to the devil contract. Just eliminate freedom of speech.

If one of you,from the inner circle of Swaylock’s discussion board were to > receive a contract from a large surf industry corp.,and the offer was to > good to pass up,but in the fine print you read that you are forbidden to > particapate in any other website discussion boards,including > Swaylock’s,would you sign?Give the reasons you would or wouldnot. HUH??

HUH?? Then I take it that my offer is not welcome here? Just as well,a nice collection of soul builders here.I can wait,time is on my side.

Then I take it that my offer is not welcome here? Just as well,a nice > collection of soul builders here.I can wait,time is on my side. You’ve got a lotta nerve… and stupidity. For a pro shaper to talk on a BB doesn’t mean he has to give his employer’s secrets away. It may mean that his skills will be recognized independent of the brand he shapes for. A smart employer would parley his shaper’s good name into good brand recognition. “We use only the finest shapers on our boards.” I can’t stand bosses who are jealous of their employees. You can’t gain authority by waving a paycheck. You gain authority by delegating it. Delegating authority increases productivity. Everybody feels important, and the boss looks like the guy who made it all happen. The whole becomes greater than the sum of its parts. Unfortunately some employers are too egocentric to even consider this proven management technique. There are other ways beside delegation to make money, advertising, sales, financial practices. But the company which combines the best of those ways with sound delegation will whip your ass every time. Big name American board builders complain about foreign board sweat shops, making reasonable quality boards, but using slave labor. So now the answer to those foreign sweat shops is somehow lies in creating our own sweat shops? Put your money where your mouth is. Hand the reins to somebody else and watch your business grow. Or wait while the shaper you want goes to work for himself, or a competitor who will treat him right. Surfers are going to buy surfboards while you wait. The only question is, who will profit from them.

You’ve got a lotta nerve… and stupidity. For a pro shaper to talk on a > BB doesn’t mean he has to give his employer’s secrets away. It may mean > that his skills will be recognized independent of the brand he shapes for. > A smart employer would parley his shaper’s good name into good brand > recognition. “We use only the finest shapers on our boards.”>>> I can’t stand bosses who are jealous of their employees. You can’t gain > authority by waving a paycheck. You gain authority by delegating it. > Delegating authority increases productivity. Everybody feels important, > and the boss looks like the guy who made it all happen. The whole becomes > greater than the sum of its parts. Unfortunately some employers are too > egocentric to even consider this proven management technique.>>> There are other ways beside delegation to make money, advertising, sales, > financial practices. But the company which combines the best of those ways > with sound delegation will whip your ass every time. Big name American > board builders complain about foreign board sweat shops, making reasonable > quality boards, but using slave labor.>>> So now the answer to those foreign sweat shops is somehow lies in creating > our own sweat shops? Put your money where your mouth is. Hand the reins to > somebody else and watch your business grow. Or wait while the shaper you > want goes to work for himself, or a competitor who will treat him right. > Surfers are going to buy surfboards while you wait. The only question is, > who will profit from them. Oh yes, we do have our own sweat shops, with less than substantian pay and ungreatful employers waving poverty level paychecks at their whipping boy employees. Dumping contracted shapers for taking their own boards to higher quality and cheaper glass shops, while paying 1980’s prices for labor. It is anything but a bed of roses, the higher up the ladder you go,the farther the fall is.

Oh yes, we do have our own sweat shops, with less than substantian pay and > ungreatful employers waving poverty level paychecks at their whipping boy > employees. Dumping contracted shapers for taking their own boards to > higher quality and cheaper glass shops, while paying 1980’s prices for > labor. It is anything but a bed of roses, the higher up the ladder you > go,the farther the fall is. The narrow-mindedness of this so called industry constantly blows my mind.Not only is everything Jim said true but what about the retailers -who are nothing more than an extention of the overbearing factory guys–they offer you no set quanity of purchasing but want exclusive rights to your product ,your name,and all other merchandise many times for the sole purpose of just tieing up your products so the other guy can’t have it w/ no real intention of ever marketing your product cause they can make more money with some cheep guy"s stuff mean-while your all tied up and selling nothing! This is an industry that truely “eats its own” and its loyalties are forever linked to the all mighty dollar—anyone who knows anything about management should know people are the most valuable asset a business can have and the right people can make it fly!

DAMN YOU, Faustus!..information IS power!..“LIVE FREE OR DIE!!!”. …(“guerilla” surfboards).

If one of you,from the inner circle of Swaylock’s discussion board were to > receive a contract from a large surf industry corp.,and the offer was to > good to pass up,but in the fine print you read that you are forbidden to > particapate in any other website discussion boards,including > Swaylock’s,would you sign?Give the reasons you would or wouldnot. …GIVE US A BREAK!!! …NEVER FORGET YOUR ROOTS,NEVER!!!Herb

…GIVE US A BREAK!!!>>> …NEVER FORGET YOUR ROOTS,NEVER!!!Herb Exactly why i make my own boards independently(home shapingroom), and go to glassers that are customer friendly(very few). There are waaayyy too many losers in that industry and most of my past business experiences with overworked, underpaid, alcoholic factory glassers has tainted my views on almost all points presented here. A couple of things for sure, a)If You want it on time do it yourself because they are not near as excited about your new noserider as you are ; b)Don’t develop overhead costs(it can be done); c) surf waaayyy more; d)don’t mix friendship with business.