RED X ROCKS

I just got my first set of RED X fins today. First, i live in Ormand Beach, Daytona area. I ordered a set of the XT-1’s. They are a twin fin set with a trail tri fin. Herb, and other here turned me on to them, and when i got them today from The Surf Station, I could see how they are totally better then the FCS. I’m not a REP for RED X, but the way they ajust, and only use a regular screw driver and not a hex wrench. You don’t need to worry about stripping out the screw, and if you lose your hex wrench, well with RED X, you could goto any store and buy a cheap screw driver. The design is so much better and you can adjust the fin forward and backwards, then FCS, I got to thanks, Herb and Tom for their advice on this system. Thanks a lot guys for your help. I was going to put this fin set on my funboard, but i’m going to shape a new twinny for this system. God, i can’t wait till sunday when i can start shaping out this board for the twin system. I’ll let you guys know how it goes and rides, plus i’ll post the pictures of this new board, and pictures of the system, and my templates if anyone wants to try the system. Thanks Guys, Stephen Berube

i really want to start installing red-x, but i am little shady about the actual install. the vacuum system throws me off. are there any templates or loop holes for this system???

i really want to start installing red-x, but i am little shady about the > actual install. the vacuum system throws me off. are there any templates > or loop holes for this system??? I’m not using the vacuum system. I’m installing them like Herb and others are. That is with a zip saw or something like it. You can do them by hand, but you got to be very carful. I’m going to post my templates that i’m working on now, for everyone to use. I’ll be starting on them this monday or tuesday. They will be easy for everybody to use. There will be three large template and three smaller templates that fit into the larger ones. You will have to hot glue them to the board or tape them well. I haven’t got that far yet. But i think i got a easy template design for everyone to use. I’ll get back this tuesday for sure and let eveyone know how it’s coming. Thanks, Stephen Berube

I just got my first set of RED X fins today. First, i live in Ormand > Beach, Daytona area. I ordered a set of the XT-1’s. They are a twin fin > set with a trail tri fin. Herb, and other here turned me on to them, and > when i got them today from The Surf Station, I could see how they are > totally better then the FCS. I’m not a REP for RED X, but the way they > ajust, and only use a regular screw driver and not a hex wrench. You don’t > need to worry about stripping out the screw, and if you lose your hex > wrench, well with RED X, you could goto any store and buy a cheap screw > driver. The design is so much better and you can adjust the fin forward > and backwards, then FCS, I got to thanks, Herb and Tom for their advice on > this system. Thanks a lot guys for your help. I was going to put this fin > set on my funboard, but i’m going to shape a new twinny for this system. > God, i can’t wait till sunday when i can start shaping out this board for > the twin system. I’ll let you guys know how it goes and rides, plus i’ll > post the pictures of this new board, and pictures of the system, and my > templates if anyone wants to try the system. Thanks Guys, Stephen Berube stephen if you dont mind maybe we could get together for a surf. I would loveto see someone installing theredx system. i live over on the west side but drive to flagler anytime there is waves after work. and ormond is actully closer being that i come over on 40 . so let me know if you would like to hook up some time. scott marvin

stephen if you dont mind maybe we could get together for a surf. I would > loveto see someone installing theredx system. i live over on the west side > but drive to flagler anytime there is waves after work. and ormond is > actully closer being that i come over on 40 . so let me know if you would > like to hook up some time.>>> scott marvin Sure, that would be cool. It’s been flat for awhile, but today there were the first signs of waves. 1-3 kind of weak, but morning should be good. I’m kinda busy right now, but if you know for sure your going to be in the area surfing. Drop me a line, and i’ll try to hook up with you. I’m welding up a new Shaping stand tomorrow, getting reading to shape a new board, so i can install those new XT-1 twin fin with trail fin. I’m pretty stoked and think i got it under control, but i’ll let you know how these first set of RED X ride, when i get this board done. Later, Stephen Berube P.S. Here is my E-mail this is my school address and i use it all the time. I’m here for the summer, and will head back to school next month.