Resin kicked FAST. RANT**

That’s what guy’s say to me to, poly guys don’t like silmar poly/acryl 2880 so they don’t sell it anymore. Fuck, that was a good candidat for poly finish on epoxy lam… They also have iso resin which is even better for this but most of time in big quantities that I don’t need for just some finish coat…

Looks good to me.  Even saturation and a good cut lap.

Thanks for the post, I’m sure it will help a lot of people over the years! beautiful laps too! 

Thanks!

You can tell when you’ve got it right, by the satin sheen of the saturated cloth.  Sometimes that sheen will be uneven.  That is an indication that saturation is uneven.  The sheen should be even.  Flat (no shine) spots with no satin sheen are dry spots.  By the same token really shiny spots are areas wherein too much resin was left on the blank.  You did a professional job of saturation and pulled off excess resin really nice. I been doing this a long time and half the time my lams aren’t that even.  That’s probably because I don’t pay enough attention to my own advice.  Lowel

Thank you! That’s awesome to hear, ive been blessed by the internet lol It’s amazing what you can learn in just a few weeks. I’ve spent a lot of hours scrolling through the threads here and seen your name a lot. Do you shape professionally?