Resin technique, how is this effect being done?

Yeah Pete,  The doc told me to eat a banana a day.  Can’t do cigars, but Bill Clinton was handy with those Cubans.

Hi PeteC; I understand your point however; I tried to specify to the O P about the technique involved. Strictly where the technique or a technique is applied, is not the same if is done on the foam, in the lamination or onto the Hot coat. Completely different results.

Yesterday this Aussie guy responded me a comment that a board that looks like where done in 2 stages (in the lamination) was done actually in 1 stage…still I do not know how he obtained such separation not only in the 2 colors swirl but with all the tint under and I make these types of color work in some weeks. That is to let it clear that all is not the same; not even similar in some cases.

Then you mention that here are the very best…¿? If you talk about glassers I do not see here the guys from the best glass shops of California (or France; or Aussie land; or Brazil; or Japan or the well known guys in Hawaii) At some points were Superwolf and Nainoa (the new breed) here but no more.

Regarding the techniques and big brands¿? is the other way around; the small guys are the ones that were pushing the resin color work and get artistry ideas on the surfboards. Factory machined boards are almost all clear with couple of carbon patches here and there; sanded gloss finish with removable fins all.

Hi Reverb,  I guess that the surf business here in Southern Calif is very different than where you are.   Working at a “best” factory anywhere in the world doesn’t make you a great glasser or even creative (you may get employee of the month though).  The “very best” glassers and shapers I mentioned who post here have nothing to prove to anyone.  Several have won events at previous Boardroom Shows among other qualifying things.  They do what they want, not what a factory or industry tells them.    If you have to do this to make a living then it’s not an art, you are working as a machine.  And the surf manufacturing biz is pretty low on the list for predictable/decent income, just ask Burton why they sold CI (and the flush/selling price).  Most inquiries on this forum are people interested in this art but have other sustaining incomes.  We should help them explore where they can go by providing examples and techniques; who knows what they may come up with.  Having said all that high road stuff, they are also a lot of people here who are just cheap (not poor either) and think they will save a dollar by a DIY board, glass job, even wetsuits.  Fortunately most lose interest when they discover it’s expensive / messy / noisey going down this road then they get in the Rover or Tesla and find something else.  

Hi PeteC; seems that you are not reading what I wrote. I am trying to response what you stated like “here we have the very best” I say that about the glassers and mentioned that in this forum we do not have the likes (that yes; they do not need to prove anything; in fact I am not need to prove anything however I try to help here since almost 2001–when still we have here couple of Industry glassers–) of the well known guys helping.

Why do you say that where I am is different? Never talked about that.

Talked about the right technique; and talked about the best glassers; that most known who they are. They are not in this forum (I mentioned that at some point Superwolf and Nainoa were here).

Regarding shapers; yes sometimes J Phillips appears here but we are talking glassing techniques.

Factories do the clear thing and sell that AS the real thing.

Smaller factories or small guys try to differentiate with the resin color work and sometimes they lack of the right shapes.

Fins guys send most production to China machines…