rocker

how do you know when you have too much nose rocker or too much tail rocker ? in short boards . like it you wanted to do say a kick tail?

how do you know when you have too much nose rocker or too much tail > rocker ? in short boards . like it you wanted to do say a kick tail? Ah, never mind!

Ah, never mind! I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to see CORAL say, “Hmm, I think I’ll start thinking positively from now on. Maybe all my negative comments about everyone’s questions come from a lack of self esteem. I thought that by putting others down it would lift me up, but it doesn’t work. Maybe by lifting others up I might feel elevated myself and start thinking of myself as a better person.” Just a thought. Rocker is the most important element of a shortboard, really. If you ride waves that aren’t super hollow, then a lot of rocker is just going to slow you down. All a lot of rocker does is make it easier to turn, but that really only applies to steep waves. On mushy or semi-steep waves, a flatter board will always go faster. Plus, even in steep waves a flatter board can be good because it can get you into the wave earlier, thus, avoiding the steep drop, thus, enabling you to set up your tube easier. Pros like a lot of rocker because it helps them to go straight down, crank that bottom turn, and go straight back up. They rip, I don’t, so I stay flat. My off the lips are more of 45 degree angle rather than vertical. But I catch waves, and that’s what keeps me happy. Call Matt Kechele (sp?) in Florida. He is the rocker guru. Oh, and spend the time at clarkfoam.com studying which blank already has the right rocker for you. Then, buy that blank and skin it, template, cut,shape rails, sand, done. And if you really need more or less rocker in the nose and tail, order the blank and tell them what you want. They will make it custom at no extra charge. Carving rocker into the foam is really not necessary anymore. It’s already there, created by master shapers who have years of experience. If you have to change the rocker of your blank, you ordered or bought the wrong blank. Good luck.

I love Coral’s posts, I think that all what you need to get then in the right way is sense of humor. All of us need someone that tell us the bad things (about us) to learn to laught at ourselfs, there starts the sense of humor i think, laughting on others is allways easy (and sometimes cruel). So read again Coral’s posts in the positive way and you’ll find a good (often smart and intelligent under the skin) joke in every one… Learn to laught. Good ways and have a nice weekend, Coque. PS: Rocker, who cares? [wink]

I love Coral’s posts, I think that all what you need to get then in the > right way is sense of humor. All of us need someone that tell us the bad > things (about us) to learn to laught at ourselfs, there starts the sense > of humor i think, laughting on others is allways easy (and sometimes > cruel).>>> So read again Coral’s posts in the positive way and you’ll find a good > (often smart and intelligent under the skin) joke in every one…>>> Learn to laught.>>> Good ways and have a nice weekend, Coque.>>> PS: Rocker, who cares? [wink] Thanks for your fair, accurate and “intelligent” assesment of my comments. How ever abrasive they might seem, it’s all in fun. And if ya’all are able to draw more than just the surface meaning out of what you read, you have a clue! Thanks, Coque