RYAN R USE YOUR NAME..................NOT TOM'S

Wow! look what I missed. Wonder what amped Ryan up so much? someone hide his keys? no surf? outta milk?. Ramon and Jim there were a couple of posts that were from my new alter ego not me. Some kids just want it handed to them I guess. I’ve a feeling that most of the regulars here took their own toys apart or built them from scratch. Ryan: go to your room until you figure out how that “switch” works. Tom S.

Wow! look what I missed. Wonder what amped Ryan up so much? someone hide > his keys? no surf? outta milk?. Ramon and Jim there were a couple of posts > that were from my new alter ego not me. Some kids just want it handed to > them I guess. I’ve a feeling that most of the regulars here took their own > toys apart or built them from scratch. Ryan: go to your room until you > figure out how that “switch” works.>>> Tom S. Hey Tom, at least it isn’t a weekly occurance that someone goes away unhappy. As for the Porter-Cable/Rockwell planer, one of the guys who contracted out of my Fla. factory had one. They are powerful, can be modified to take off a half inch cut, but are awkward to change depth on the fly. I believe I cut off/removed the front handle and modified the front adjustment to be a handle also. Not the planer for a novice, best for massive removale of material.

Seems that the Versa Plane (either the P-Cable or Rockwell label) is favored by some for just that. That 10 amp motor could make short work of skinning blanks and such. I just found it to be too heavy for my occassional use. Hated part with such a well made tool but better to let someone who needed it have. Have run into one fellow who actually told me he modified his by using the front shoe of a Skil 100 on the VersaPlane chasis. Tom S.>>> Hey Tom, at least it isn’t a weekly occurance that someone goes away > unhappy. As for the Porter-Cable/Rockwell planer, one of the guys who > contracted out of my Fla. factory had one. They are powerful, can be > modified to take off a half inch cut, but are awkward to change depth on > the fly. I believe I cut off/removed the front handle and modified the > front adjustment to be a handle also. Not the planer for a novice, best > for massive removale of material.