searching for greg loehr

first, thanks to all who responded to my phi query- youre helping to set the groundwork for yet another addiction…as if my east coast surf obsession was not enough. secondly, does anyone know how to get in touch with greg loehr? i have list of questions for him and it is growing by the minute. i would rather not bore all of you with my neophyte questions, but i will if i have to. here is one for the masses: any thoughts on dimpled bottom boards (like a golf ball)? would it have the same effect thru water as it does thru air? thanks again

“here is one for the masses: any thoughts on dimpled bottom boards (like a golf ball)? would it have the same effect thru water as it does thru air?” ------------------------------------------------------------------- The willis brothers tried that in the 80s. Dont know how well they work but I hear they were a bitch to glass. From all the stuff that I have read it does not have the same effect of a golf ball.

There was a post a while back, and as i remember it the swayaholics shot it down. I think it had something to do with a ball being round and the bottom of a surfboard being pretty close to flat. However, when my next board gets to many pressure dings on the bottom i will change my stance. Darren

tony bear did many of them in the late 80’s, i didnt get to ride one but i imagine if they were real good then we would still be doing lots of them! http://www.feraldave.com

I built many. Concaves came along and were more effective at doing essentially the same thing. Surfboards aren’t spinning like a golf ball. Some people did like them though.

Oh yea,