SHACC San Clemente

going back there in december. had to pick the Lis Fish for the visitor photo. OB has a place in my heart.

My first visit there, was near overwhelming to me. One particular board really got my attention. It was Pat Curren’s, personal balsa and redwood gun. I had seen that same board, before it was glassed, in Pat’s shaping room, in La Jolla. At the time of my visit, the subscription of Founding Partners, was not yet filled. I was inspired, by the mission they were undertaking, to join that small group of founders. If you have not visited the collection, you surely should. The rail line of some Simmons boards, are reflected in the rail lines of several of the Curren guns, in the collection. There is much to see there, and it will require more than one visit, to take it all in.

As a point of interest, The VINTAGE SURFBOARD COLLECTORS CLUB, will have an event in the parking lot, on Saturday, OCTOBER 14, 2017. The museum will also be open to visitors. A good chance for a 2 for 1 experience. I’ll be there with at least one board. If you do come there, be sure to say hello.

As well as the VSCC meet, later in the day (October 14) we are hosting a book signing and art display of Rob Havassy’s work with a tribute to Greg Escalante.