shape for a wallhanger?

This aught to raise a hackle or two…

Lets say (hypothetically) that you were going to make a functional surfboard, but one exceedingly ornate and to be sold in such a way (art gallery) and to such a market (aging upper-middle-class hippies) that it was virtually assured to wind up as a wall-hanger (or better, a stand-stander).

This just kills me, but here it goes…

For maximum visual impact and marketability, what shape is most pleasing to the eye? A modern gun? Minigun? A 70s gun? a minimal? Modern thruster? A lazor zap? Fat penguin?

Thoughts on this one?

Pat Curren big wave gun. Wood, of course. Might as well use inexpensive buiding grade lumber(Doug Fir). Pick out the nicest boards from the pile. Mike

well if you made a awesome wooden wiamea gun you could hand it on the wall and use when you need too which isn’t that often i’d imagine in Texas? or is it…

(spooky music here)

How about something like this?

Northshore Woodies.

5 digit boards

Rideable and hanger type

Pictures posted without permission of author…

I’m with Rooster. Big wave guns have pleasing lines, wood has great texture…

Naw, not texas, Mexico… My childhood home, now a growing artist/hippie/“we’ve got money now so lets invade and ruin another bit of paradise” enclave. A local gallery asked if I wanted to put a board on display so it got me thinking… I may as well get mine, right?

And I’d probably do it as a sando rather than solid wood, just because that’s what I’m currently tooled up for. But yeah, definitely wood!

Nothin like a good single fin gun!

Somewhere around 10’4" x 21, wood veneer, glassed on swept fin, drawn rounded pin.

In a pinch, the best paddleboard ever that still surfs…

Damn, now I need to qualify it just a itsy bit more…

My block of eps is only 7’6" long, and I’m not into the idea of patching together two different cutoffs to make a longer board.

So, best wallhanger under 7.5 feet or so… Although I might could get a few more inches out of nose and tail blocks, if absolutely necessary.

Was thinking of maybe something like this (for an outline)

Like the true pintail template better, for it’s wicked looks.

Surfcat posted a pic of a 7’4" x 18.75 I shaped back in the mid 70’s, looks very similar to the one you posted above…

I double dare you!!!

Is that “hippie” enough?

Hicksy, careful what you wish for.

The wife and I was talking about a wallhanger for our new house. she said some thing I would never ride like a 9’6+ gun , I said how about a stick that gets riden on it’s day . a gunny stick about 7’6 but with a spray like swuz’s. I reacon that is the gear. might get a blank tommorow.

Quote:

I double dare you!!!

aaaarrrgggghhhhhh !!!

it would probably jump off the wall and clock me in the head again !!!

I’m getting flashbacks Hicksy …put it AWAY !!

ben

Quote:

Is that “hippie” enough?

These should be in the tracker thread .good stuff.

Balsa’s triple stringer …

Quote:

Pat Curren big wave gun. Wood, of course. Might as well use inexpensive buiding grade lumber(Doug Fir). Pick out the nicest boards from the pile. Mike

oh yeeeeahhhhhh…

Wood looks good…