Snowboard repair using Resin Research Epoxy...

FWIW - I posted last week re: regluing my delammed snowboard base which had peeled back about 4-5". Last night I reglued using Resin Research Epoxy and lots of clamps and although I haven’t used it yet, it seems to be holding even during moderate flexing.

Hey Should work fine. As a snowboard tech for 7 years, we usually use a thin intermediary layer between the wood and the bottom, like tissue paper, for slightly more resin and a bonding agent. Hope your roughed up the wood and Ptex layers.

I ALSO HAVE A SNOWBOARD WITH A DELAMMED BASE! DOES EPOXY STICK TO THE PTEX? OR DO YOU NEED SOME TYPE OF ADHESION PROMOTER? FROM PAST EXPREIENCE I HAVEN’T FOUND ANY LUCK IN BONDING PLASTICS WITH EPOXY? ARE THESE SNOWBOARD BASES DESIGNED TO BE LAMINATED WITH EPOXY OR RESIN? THANKS FOR YOUR INSIGHT! TIM.

Check Lee D’s message above. Epoxy is how they’re stuck together at the factory. Greg Loehr might know of a more flexible formulation - I’ve heard he has a couple of different types.

We do sell resins to snowboard manufactrers. They generally use 2020 but for repair 2000 will probably be fine.