Songs to sing whilst surfing

Had just finished a session in a nice beachbreak and was heading back to the ranch in the hills behind Monteceito, the sweet smell of sage bush hanging in the air. I realised that during my session id been singing the same song over and over. Salt and Pepper’s ‘Push It’ yo yo yo yo baby pop hey you come here and give me a kiss, better make it fast or else im gonna get pissed. cant you feel the music pumpin hard like i wish you would, now push it, push it good. This song was apt as i was pushing my surfing to a new level. riding a george greenough inspired boot scoot design. 5foot 3inch x 22inch wide x 17inch nose x 19inch tail. because of the wide tail, steering is achieved by draging my toes in the water over the rail, just like they did in dukes day. i drove back to the ranch feeling mighty fine indeed. id be interested to know if anyone else has had surreal sessions like this before.

I’m jealous. I have a four month old so I always seem to be humming the lame little songs that all of his toys and seats, etc. play. Baby Mozart is not quite the amping anthem to my session that I would have expected a few months ago. Duty calls, later.

I once went to Deveroux on acid,body surfed naked, it was kinda like that. Push it real good, I didn’t have the huge gold jewelry or tights though. salt and Pepper were probably not born yet either.What were we talking about?

Had just finished a session in a nice beachbreak and was heading back to > the ranch in the hills behind Monteceito, the sweet smell of sage bush > hanging in the air. I realised that during my session id been singing the > same song over and over. Salt and Pepper’s ‘Push It’>>> yo yo yo yo baby pop hey you come here and give me a kiss, better make it > fast or else im gonna get pissed. cant you feel the music pumpin hard like > i wish you would, now push it, push it good.>>> This song was apt as i was pushing my surfing to a new level. riding a > george greenough inspired boot scoot design. 5foot 3inch x 22inch wide x > 17inch nose x 19inch tail. because of the wide tail, steering is achieved > by draging my toes in the water over the rail, just like they did in dukes > day Hey Fuckhead, I see my name up here again, like the appology that I didn’t post, either (you coward pussy)!!! I haven’t read this shit yet, I will in a second. But if if you like jacking off on your self again in the mirror as someone like you is probably doing right now, wearing my name on your forhead, with your favorite shade of red lipstick. You go for it. The hacker kids up the street are working on you!!! Nothing escapes those crazy kids. Keep it up just a little longer … [blush]ooo … have fun>>> i drove back to the ranch feeling mighty fine indeed. id be interested to > know if anyone else has had surreal sessions like this before.

and her dad is gonna be pissed! Come out, come out, whoever you are…The Duke/Greenough reference is too good to leave unauthored…

what were we talking about, oh yeah. on that trip the ocean became love manifested and i felt that love beyond feeling and knowing-then the oil rigs became hate and evil manifest(beyond…) needless to say I don’t trip anymore. Push it real good-fake coral-did you glass rope handles into the deck of your dream cruiser? rock on with your badself

…It’s a wonder I can think at all,but my lack of education never hurt me none…I can still read the writing on the walls.PaulSimon…Herb

Hey Fuckhead, I see my name up here again, like the appology that I didn’t > post, either (you coward pussy)!!! I haven’t read this shit yet, I will > in a second. But if if you like jacking off on your self again in the > mirror as someone like you is probably doing right now, wearing my name on > your forhead, with your favorite shade of red lipstick. You go for it. The > hacker kids up the street are working on you!!! Nothing escapes > those crazy kids. Keep it up just a little longer … [blush]ooo … have > fun That’s “forehead”. Just in case you need to clean off your mirror again!!! … have fun

I’ll let you in on a little secret…next time it goes flat, and you’re looking for one last wave to go in on, sing Uncle John’s Band by the 'Dead. Within 5 minutes you’ll have the wave. You can’t use this to get waves during the session, it won’t work. But that last wave as the sun goes down…guaranteed! Newbs

Had just finished a session in a nice beachbreak and was heading back to > the ranch in the hills behind Monteceito, the sweet smell of sage bush > hanging in the air. I realised that during my session id been singing the > same song over and over. Salt and Pepper’s ‘Push It’>>> yo yo yo yo baby pop hey you come here and give me a kiss, better make it > fast or else im gonna get pissed. cant you feel the music pumpin hard like > i wish you would, now push it, push it good.>>> This song was apt as i was pushing my surfing to a new level. riding a > george greenough inspired boot scoot design. 5foot 3inch x 22inch wide x > 17inch nose x 19inch tail. because of the wide tail, steering is achieved > by draging my toes in the water over the rail, just like they did in dukes > day.>>> i drove back to the ranch feeling mighty fine indeed. id be interested to > know if anyone else has had surreal sessions like this before. Sometimes you cant help but get some weird song in your head while surfing, no matter how hard u try to get it out…I had Funky Town stuck in my head for the longest time. I usually listen to the Five Summer Stories soundtrack or Tom Currens Ocean Surf Aces on the way to the beach. Once I get in the water though, its every song for itself.

Sometimes you cant help but get some weird song in your head while > surfing, no matter how hard u try to get it out…I had Funky Town stuck > in my head for the longest time. I usually listen to the Five Summer > Stories soundtrack or Tom Currens Ocean Surf Aces on the way to the beach. > Once I get in the water though, its every song for itself. ‘Won’t you take me to…FUNKY TOWNN’ I guess everyone’s humming away now eh??? Well, when the sea goes flat, my friend and I (KOTB- King Of The Beach)! whistle ‘J’taime’ at the sea, you know that sickly smoochy number from the sixties? that got banned initially for being a little bit raunchy. Anyhow, you whistle J’taime at he sea, and you will be rewarded, you will get waves (honest) she loves it. As for singing?? Nah, I swallow too much water!!! Keep it country PEAMAN

‘Won’t you take me to…FUNKY TOWNN’ I guess everyone’s humming away > now eh???>>> Well, when the sea goes flat, my friend and I (KOTB- King Of The Beach)! > whistle ‘J’taime’ at the sea, you know that sickly smoochy number from the > sixties? that got banned initially for being a little bit raunchy. Anyhow, > you whistle J’taime at he sea, and you will be rewarded, you will get > waves (honest) she loves it.>>> As for singing?? Nah, I swallow too much water!!!>>> Keep it country>>> PEAMAN Sorry Coral ‘FUNKY TOWN’

I get the most stupid songs stuck in my head when i surf! I try to turn my internal radio to a more pleasing song…but it goes back to that same dumb song. Lately it has been “get it faster” by Jimmy eat world. That damn Under the Influence DVD!!! When I shortboard I listen to speed metal…it gets me amped…but the long wait between sets brings that lame song floating around somewhere in my brain fluid. When I longboard, it is always some lame Alpha Blondy (reggae)song, such as “coco de rasta” or “God is one”.I thought I was the only one with this problem. It is comforting to learn that I am not the only one with this mental condition. I seem to surf my best when I have nothing going on in my brain…I seem to focus much better.

oh…and “Amber” from 311. Whoa, amber is the color of your energy whoa, shades of gold displayed naturally you ought to know what brings me here you glide through my head blind to fear and I know why whoa, amber is the color of your energy whoa, shades of gold displayed naturally. over and over and over and over and over and over and over…again!

“d-u-m-b- everyones accusing me” it is almost always the Ramones or Dead Kennedys. Then I start chanting the lyrics in the line-up either confuing amusing or pissing off others(and my son).Its just the way it is.

“Lovely Rita meter maid” by the Beatles…my god…is there a drug for this!!!LOVELY RITA, METER MAID, NOTHING CAN COME BETWEEN US; WHEN IT GETS DARK I TOW YOUR HEART AWAY. STANDING BY A PARKING METER, WHEN I CAUGHT A GLIMPSE OF RITA, FILLING IN A TICKET IN HER LITTLE WHITE BOOK. IN A CAP SHE LOOKED MUCH OLDER AND THE BAG ACROSS HER SHOULDER, MADE HER LOOK A LITTLE LIKE A MILIT´RY MAN. LOVELY RITA, METER MAID, MAY I ENQUIRE DISCREETLY, "WHEN ARE YOU FREE TO TAKE SOME TEA WITH ME TOOK HER OUT AND TRIED TO WIN HER, HAD A LAUGH AND OVER DINNER TOLD HER I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE HER AGAIN. GOT THE BILL AND RITA PAID IT, TOOK HER HOME, I NEARLY MADE IT, SITTING ON A SOFA WITH A SISTER OR TWO

I get the most stupid songs stuck in my head when i surf! I try to turn my > internal radio to a more pleasing song…but it goes back to that same > dumb song. Lately it has been “get it faster” by Jimmy eat > world. That damn Under the Influence DVD!!! When I shortboard I listen to > speed metal…it gets me amped…but the long wait between sets brings > that lame song floating around somewhere in my brain fluid. When I > longboard, it is always some lame Alpha Blondy (reggae)song, such as > “coco de rasta” or “God is one”.I thought I was the > only one with this problem. It is comforting to learn that I am not the > only one with this mental condition. I seem to surf my best when I have > nothing going on in my brain…I seem to focus much better. While surfing alone up here in the “red triangle” I tend to start singing the Beatle’s song “You won’t see me” when I get that creepy feeling that I’m NOT alone. Yikes!!!

well ive enjoyed time on the boards at swaylock, however having now learnt enough to shape successfully i will know longer be coming in. im glad you enjoyed my historical references new balonie, im a keen student of the not too distant past, when gliding and flow was the GO. i almost pissed my pants when i re-read my message the next day. too bad Coral Grief couldnt see the funny side of it. oh my friend coral, why is there so much anger in the world today. relax, enjoy life, for i will no longer be posting messages in jest on the hallowed pastures of swaylocks. you will have free run again. Once again you will take your place as the court jester, diligently posting, shooting down those with lesser knowledge that yourself. oh i can picture your reaction to this message now, sitting in your dimly lit room, only to suddenly burst free from your depression and finally be able to face your surfing buddies again. happily singing and prancing with glee, no more will anyone be interfering with you hardcore rep. the cruel jibes have now ceased. Peace be with you all GEEZER

wow i cant believe there are so many trippers such as myself out there in Web World. keep singing dudes.

One day driving to the beach “Pass the dutchie from the left hand side” came on the radio. Of course, it stuck in my head and continually replayed while I surfed. Funny, that reggae beat seemed to fit right in with my surf rhythm that day. I still haven’t figured out what a “dutchie” is though!