stringer width????

hey people another sort of dumb one…ordered a blank for a 7’4" semi gun, and was a little unsure about what stringer width to go with, ended doing 3/8th bass but now i’m wondering if thats too wide??? what stringer thickness are people using on 7-8’ guns???..ita always these little details that can freak me out!!! thanks, bruce

hey people>>> another sort of dumb one…ordered a blank for a 7’4" semi gun, and > was a little unsure about what stringer width to go with, ended doing > 3/8th bass but now i’m wondering if thats too wide??? what stringer > thickness are people using on 7-8’ guns???..ita always these little > details that can freak me out!!!>>> thanks, bruce Hey Bruce, The 3\8 is fine. If you have a choice next time see if you can get spruce instead. Good strength to weight and good flex pattern. Don’t freak out over stuff like that. The wrong rocker or outline will have more of a negative influence than the wrong stringer. aloha

mahalo tom, sometimes just need a second opinion!!!

Hey Bruce, The 3\8 is fine. If you have a choice next time see if you can > get spruce instead. Good strength to weight and good flex pattern. Don’t > freak out over stuff like that. The wrong rocker or outline will have more > of a negative influence than the wrong stringer.>>> aloha A stringer thickness and type of wood is important, but it isn’t everything. Notice that gun blanks don’t come standard as stringerless. Well, at Clark foam they usually don’t make blanks that wont work. Of course stringers affect flex and strenght, but so does a glass job. Be more worried about the weight of the glass. At any rate, guns of all stringers a glass weight hav been snapped in half. There is a point where mother nature can give a rat’s ass what your stringer or board is made of. Shhhhhhaka