styrene amounts

I’m thinking about doing a gloss coat on a 10ft noserider. This is my first attempt and trying to find out how much of what to add to the resin. I’m guessing I’ll be using about a quart and a half of resin. thanks!

if the resin is pretty “fresh” then you might not need to use styrene. if it is necessary, then i believe it is 2% by volume. wet sanding and a nice polish will work great. but a true gloss coat is with gloss resin. it’s worth what you feel like putting in to it.

I’m thinking about doing a gloss coat on a 10ft noserider. This is my > first attempt and trying to find out how much of what to add to the resin. > I’m guessing I’ll be using about a quart and a half of resin. thanks! I usually go for 10 to 12 percent styrene for glosses.

I usually go for 10 to 12 percent styrene for glosses. Yo Kokua what kind of gloss resin are you using?Reichold?Silmar?I have been using Reichold but someone said that Silmar has a pretty good resin.How do you compare them? thanks for all of your past help.

Thanks for the info. I’m getting ready to mix it up.

same percentage for fresh silmar? how about for thinning up lam. resin for hitting dry spots?