suncure

could I mix a quart of regular lam resin to a gallon of (premixed) suncure lam resin and still get a good cure

could I mix a quart of regular lam resin to a gallon of (premixed) suncure > lam resin and still get a good cure I use suncure and they are only two hours away, but sometimes i run low and don’t have the time to drive there, and i use silmar from a local vender. I haven’t had any problems. The only thing i would make sure is that one isn’t older then the other. What i mean, is don’t use one that is new and the other is three or four months old. I would try to used fresh stuff. I hope this helps. Later, Stephen Berube

I’m wondering if I can mix an unopened quart of lam resin to an unopened gallon of UV lam resin (after I open them)and still get a good UV cure with no catalyst. I dont think age would make much of a difference with lam resin?

The UV catalyst is a powder that is mixed in proportion to the resin. I would think that you would have to either add some extra UV powder or MEKP to get it to go off correctly. Have you tried just mixing a small batch UV and non-UV and testing it in the sun?