super long boards

I think I saw a picture in the National Enquirer of Bigfoot riding one of those Skookums. He was ripping (maybe 29 mph!)

His was a swallowtail, though…

I gotta cut back on the beer , my love handles are showin. Paul dont go namin our secret spots.KP

…those are boats not surfboards.

…I was going 35 knots just the other day on a 18’er…got some good waves in the process.

…I have always ridden lon-ger boards on and off all my life until the big push in the 90s…Now …I prefer not to be associated with that group…most are wave hogs,have no concept of real surfing,and think that they rip…yeah,right,I got a place for them to rip…Funny thing is,I never see any of them there.Herb

…one is way to much…a billion is never enough!

If you don’t want to associate with longboarders what are you doing on this thread?

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/1001489_Star%20board%20pics%20003#.jpg

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/1001490_Star%20board%20pics%20015#.jpg

To be a devil’s advocate…what else. Roy,when was the last time you rode a board under 6’6".

…Most anyone that can surf, can ride a log…I’m not so pathetic that I have to.Herb

Nothing ventured …nothing gained.

Herb, I rode boards in the 6’ to 6’9" range exclusively for 21 years. Riding a big log is easy in some respects, but requires skill in others.

Herb Spitzer, when was the last time you rode a board over 14 feet and over 40 pounds in weight, and have you ever done it in triple overhead storm surf?

18 footer x 60lbs. in some huge stuff…yeah,sorry if it sounded like I was picking on you or anyone else here…I was going on what I have to deal with on a daily basis.The mags also make older middle aged ninja turtles believe that a big board is good because you can hog all the best waves,and can be less talented doing it.

…Like I said a Devil’s Advocate.Herb

Hey Herb, I think you are talking about a place called ‘Malibu La La Land’ . Super longboards are a different thing. Super longboards are just the thing for clearing the water of dipstick ‘Malibu La La Land’ Mal riders. Super longboards can share waves with shortboarders by riding way way out on the shoulder. It’s a symbiotic relationship.

The 18’er I was refering to was a rhino chaser…a gun,but I see your point more clearly now.Herb