SURFERS, SHAPERS and RETAILERS

Keep an eye on us we will be all over Surfing Australia website supporting regional and national events. Its going off.

Our system has been designed to help all shapers large or small, definitely not for the chinese or mass producers though…

SBT is the sign of a quality craft 100 % real boards made by 100 % shapers. Fact

not on the full post’s topic, but it’s been mentioned, so here’s my synopsis.

there’s a LAW (not that well enforced by my estimation) in the US that if a surfboard comes from “overseas” it has to have a COUNTY Of ORIGIN label, noted on it.

Surftechs say made in Thailand, GSI’s say something similar. I believe the smaller batch labels have somehow avoided this labelling, either out of ignorance or in order to “confuse” the public.

I remember when Matt B/Mayhem was starting to make his Placebo (such a great name/marketing idea) he was somewhat instrumental in hoping/demanding this labelling on overseas boards. I guess it fell on deaf ears.

or like I said earlier, some small batch producers decide it’s not worth it to tell their customers where the board was made and worse (in my eyes), want to make all that extra profit and pass these boards off as made here in US without owning up to the truth.

if anyone knows more or has more info on the law or it’s interpretation/application, I’m happy to learn what’s the truth.

…ok man the other day I received your mail, but still do not understand how your system works outside USA, to say a country…

If I do boards in couple of countries, not USA or Aussie land; some batch in one place the other in another, etc

I put the system

how the system works round the globe?

Check out our latest sign up with SBT - Byron Bay Australia…

http://www.munrosurfboards.com.au/index.php?pageid=4661

Thank you Brett.

Hi Reverb, Thanks for your questions, 

Once you set up an account, we allocate SBT’s systems to your preferred license shaper, we where ever they are in the world. We send the SBT to your license shaper, and we enter your SBT systems on to your SBT database. You can see these well in advance of them arriving at your preferred shapers address.

The SBT has a special 15 digit code, which has a sticky barcode sticker.

You then advise your licensed shaper what SBT system you want to go in which board, and update the system accordingly with all the boards data.

Making the sure the board serial number is written on the blank,  for example XX12345  

Once the SBT is in the SBT dragon logo / laminate in on the board the sticky label explaining what SBT is all all about  then sit back and wait for the board to Activated by a surfer who buys your board.  Job done Local Motion Australia manage all their overseas.

Here some more info:SBT (Surfboard Tracker), a UK based company that provides a micro-chipping facility, specifically designed for the surfing industry and surfboard owners. 

The SBT system provides a unique identification facility for surfboards via the micro-chip - and the internet - from the point of manufacture all the way to the buyer's arms - and beyond. 

The only surfing related product recognised by the ISA (International Surfing Association), the SBT system provides a facility to prove authenticity and ownership  of a surfboard within seconds, anywhere there is an internet connection. The SBT micro-chip is small (grain of rice sized), inexpensive and takes only seconds to fit. It is impervious to foam and resins and can handle temperatures of over 160 degrees celcius.

The SBT system is simple to use - 

Manufacturers enter relevant information relating to the micro-chipped board in the SBT Database

Buyers register and activate the micro-chip via the SBT internet system.

Subsequent buyers of that board can have the registration transfered to themselves.

The manufacturer is advised of changes in ownership and the current owner's email address.

Manufacturers and Retailers (as well as owners and Police) can verify the ownership of SBT micro-chipped boards anywhere there is an internet connection, as well as maintaining stock records on-line within the SBT system.

A stolen SBT micro-chipped board is virtually impossible to pass on to an SBT-aware buyer - and has a higher recovery rate than a non-chipped board. 

New boards with the SBT system qualify for the SBT 12 month Anti-Theft  warranty (conditions apply).

A SBT Retro-Fit kit is available for existing boards - ideal for collectors and those who value their surfboards.

Registration is free and only available via the SBT website - http://surfboard-tracker.com .

Yeh I agree we recieve boards here in Europe not knowing where they come from funny you mention GSI, we had a major complaint a Maurice Cole board turned up in the surf shop in Hossegor, and absolute beauty, stunning, but the shop next door had an identical board but did’nt look so appealing with imperfactions and dimensional issues.

One was direct from the Maurice Cole shaping bay and the other was from Cobra Thailand and both respectfully were marked up the same price. Which one would you prefer? 

This is what SBT is all about, determining what, where and when a real board was made. A sign of a quality product.

This way you can distinguish the diffrence and educate the market place, we have vowed to support real shapers who make real boards…this way we can separate out all the mass, budget stuff which I believe there is a market for but should’nt compete against real shapers boards on the same proce point…

Do you think this is a good thing guys? authentic quality shapes made by real shapers

Go ahead sign up www.surfboard-tracker.com

SBT (Surfboard Tracker), a UK based company that provides a micro-chipping facility, specifically designed for the surfing industry and surfboard owners. 

The SBT system provides a unique identification facility for surfboards via the micro-chip - and the internet - from the point of manufacture all the way to the buyer's arms - and beyond. 

The only surfing related product recognised by the ISA (International Surfing Association), the SBT system provides a facility to prove authenticity and ownership  of a surfboard within seconds, anywhere there is an internet connection. The SBT micro-chip is small (grain of rice sized), inexpensive and takes only seconds to fit. It is impervious to foam and resins and can handle temperatures of over 160 degrees celcius.

The SBT system is simple to use - 

Manufacturers enter relevant information relating to the micro-chipped board in the SBT Database

Buyers register and activate the micro-chip via the SBT internet system.

Subsequent buyers of that board can have the registration transfered to themselves.

The manufacturer is advised of changes in ownership and the current owner's email address.

Manufacturers and Retailers (as well as owners and Police) can verify the ownership of SBT micro-chipped boards anywhere there is an internet connection, as well as maintaining stock records on-line within the SBT system.

A stolen SBT micro-chipped board is virtually impossible to pass on to an SBT-aware buyer - and has a higher recovery rate than a non-chipped board. 

New boards with the SBT system qualify for the SBT 12 month Anti-Theft  warranty (conditions apply).

A SBT Retro-Fit kit is available for existing boards - ideal for collectors and those who value their surfboards.

Registration is free and only available via the SBT website - http://surfboard-tracker.com .

Cheers

Andrew

Nice read:

http://ww.surfline.com/surf-news/press-release/munro-surfboards-byron-bay-announce-alliance-with-sbt-micro-chip-system_55755/