Surfing Take-Off/Pop-up Problems?

Think about getting a paddle air vest to use until you are 100%. There are 2 types, one has an air bladder and one has soft foam ribs that run across your chest. I have both and found the foam version a little better, because if I put too much air in, it messes up paddling. On the plus side of the air bladder version, you can kind of use it to get a bit of buoyancy when you have to swim. I used mine for a year after heart surgery in 2013, and then was given the foam version a couple years ago. Good if you have to stay out of the water for months and start back. I had a couple of times in the last 5 years where I had to stay out of the water for 4 to 6 months.

Hey legends. just an update on the wounded wing from the shoulder opp.
Back to pretty much full paddle strength, tiny bit of discomfort but I was able to do my first pull ups last week. did three the first day, last Thursday. Was pumped.
Monday this week I did two sets of 10 pull ups. and proper controlled full stop in between each one, only rested between 7 and 8 of the last set. pretty sure I’m stronger now than I was before I did the original injury.

Just have a tiny bit of niggles and reduced range of motion with my hand directly above my head.

Awesome, go you!!! With any luck, (and the right exercises)some stretching will improve your range of motion over time. Glad you’re just about back to full fitness and in the water.

That is good news.
Keep on Paddlin’!