Tail design on 6'6" Hybrid

A little help please… I’m in process of shaping my first board. Overall things went well, except I got a little overzealous on the tail profile - actually its more of a straight line. The problem is I’ve sanded too much. At 10" off the tail my toes and heel are just about on the rails. I’m worried that this is going to force my foot up too much, and kill my turn. It’s currently squash-like - I don’t know whether to make it a pin tail, or hack a couple of inches off and reshape a rounded squash. But then I’m not sure I’ll have enough rocker left. I used a 6’7" R. Currently it sits at 6’6", 11 1/8" @ nose, 18 3/4" @ center, 12 1/2" @ tail, 5 1/8" nose rocker and 2 1/4 tail rocker. I based the design of the blank, and drew from my 6’7" pin, just thickened it up a bit… well ok, after I got done it was just about as thin. Its about 1.5" at the nose, 2.3 at center and 1.75 at the tail, with an even foil throughout. Right now I just want something that works, even if it means hacking it down to a shortboard. I’m a pretty decent surfer, and mostly ride my 6’2" short and 6’7" mini-gun/hybrid. I stand at 5’10", 155, skinny but well built. Still, I would prefer to have something easy with some bouancy for my first board. Here’s a link to a page I set up with a couple pictures… I tossed in a bootie for reference. http://www.pbase.com/ubiquitous/surfboard Any suggestions, besides ‘start over’, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cheers. The Rookie

If it twas me… I’d whittle it down to a pin or roundpin and slap on a single fin. The 70’s mini-gun modernized! But dat’s jus me.

A little help please… I’m in process of shaping my first board. Overall > things went well, except I got a little overzealous on the tail profile - > actually its more of a straight line. The problem is I’ve sanded too much. > At 10" off the tail my toes and heel are just about on the rails. I’m > worried that this is going to force my foot up too much, and kill my turn. > It’s currently squash-like - I don’t know whether to make it a pin tail, > or hack a couple of inches off and reshape a rounded squash. But then I’m > not sure I’ll have enough rocker left. I used a 6’7" R. Currently it > sits at 6’6", 11 1/8" @ nose, 18 3/4" @ center, 12 > 1/2" @ tail, 5 1/8" nose rocker and 2 1/4 tail rocker. I based > the design of the blank, and drew from my 6’7" pin, just thickened it > up a bit… well ok, after I got done it was just about as thin. Its about > 1.5" at the nose, 2.3 at center and 1.75 at the tail, with an even > foil throughout. Right now I just want something that works, even if it > means hacking it down to a shortboard. I’m a pretty decent surfer, and > mostly ride my 6’2" short and 6’7" mini-gun/hybrid. I stand at > 5’10", 155, skinny but well built. Still, I would prefer to have > something easy with some bouancy for my first board. Here’s a link to a > page I set up with a couple pictures… I tossed in a bootie for > reference.>>> http://www.pbase.com/ubiquitous/surfboard>>> Any suggestions, besides ‘start over’, would be greatly appreciated. > Thanks,>>> Cheers.>>> The Rookie I’d leave it the way it is. Looks okay to me. FD