Tatu...de paint, de paint !!!

What colorants have you folks found to be the most LIGHTFAST/COLORFAST?! (this includes those applied directly to the blank, as well as those added to resins)…(I know, I know…search the archive…but what do YOU think!!!). “mahalo” T.

What colorants have you folks found to be the most LIGHTFAST/COLORFAST?! > (this includes those applied directly to the blank, as well as those added > to resins)…(I know, I know…search the archive…but what do YOU > think!!!). “mahalo” T. I have found that most of the Createx transparent airbrush colors are more color fast than opaque. Plus, I recently started adding both a catalizing agent and bonding agent to these paints. Results were very good. Shine http://users.leading.net/~shine

I have found that most of the Createx transparent airbrush colors are more > color fast than opaque. Plus, I recently started adding both a catalizing > agent and bonding agent to these paints. Results were very good.>>> Shine The professional grade Liquitex paints work well for airbrushing applications. Each color has its own light-fast rating. Nova color is also a good source. They will send you a color chart made from actual paint samples if you request one by email. The color chart gives the light fastness of each color.

What colorants have you folks found to be the most LIGHTFAST/COLORFAST?! > (this includes those applied directly to the blank, as well as those added > to resins)…(I know, I know…search the archive…but what do YOU > think!!!). “mahalo” T. lightfastness depends completely on the pigments used to make the paint. stick with professional or artist grade paints.some stable pigments are pthalocyanine, quinacridone, indanthrone, perylene(all synthetic pigments) and more traditional ones like cadmium. look on the paint for these pigments, regardless of the actual color name. good totally lightfast acrylics are available from Golden Acrylics, Liquitex acrylics, and Novacolor, which i just used to paint a shaped blank. stay away from inks(notoriously not lightfast) as well as lower student grades of artist paints.

Bruce, hadn’t seen this until today, and I just wanted to say thanks!..much appreciated, Tom.