The devil is in the details.

I don’t mean to toot my own horn…but I’m F’n AWESOME!!! :wink:

Although you can’t hear the stoke in my voice, I’m so stoked at this point.
I’m already getting a cheap source on magnets, have done a patent search and decided on the marketing name of “THE MAGNETO!”

IT WORKS…REALLY well…
pah…I knew it would…

Just waiting for waves.

great ideas just come to you brah, must be your animal magnetism

Well I painted it up , marked the foot placement and got to the beach with this bad boy. Left the shoes on the board and just put her on and rode off. charged the first good little kicker wave I could find as fast as I could and went for a no holds barred wave PUNT!

Definitley one of my biggest “strapless” airs ever, no way would my board have stayed on but the magnets made sure it did. I landed hard flat and nasty, fell off the board as the placement wasn’t ideal for the landing and my feet were a little too far forward. Adjusted to the foot position further back and lined another punt. This one went perfect. Went in close to the beach (for some spectators) and charged a kicker for a 360. Hit the lip torqued my body hard. ,made it around no problem with the board still on my feet…landed a little out of position the board separated during the crash…f…This thing as AWESOME all the aerial capability ZERO chance for ankle injury. Stood up in the shallows and walked in to retrieve the board.

When I got back on the board, it wasn’t latching…no KA THUNK of the magnet engagement. Nothing…there was some magnetism there but it wasn’t holding much at all. Thought I shattered the magnets or punched them deep into the board but this was already tested and well thought out…IMPOSSIBLE!

I had a look at the board…and the shoes and it was something i would have never predicted…

Magneto

There was about 1 cm of black iron based sand attached to the board and the shoes after I had touched down eating shit…“magnetite” the beaches here are WHITE. Yet my shoes found all the darkness ANYTIME I touched bottom. With like 200Lbs of magnetitic force it couldn’t just be wiped away either. It was a 2 min cleaning process… tried a few time and restored the board close to it’s orginal power but…shoes you can’t walk in… that’s a fail of fundamental purpose…

I enjoyed this project alot. …especially the reason it failed…totally unpredictable…I would have regretted it alot more had I never tried it.

I now have a pair of shoes sticking to the metal door on my garage…defying gravity and making me smile by reminding me of my brilliant failure…There will be many more…

Untitled from

haha, unbelievable! Maybe good for surfing off a boat? Seems a shame when things were going so well!! Love the video 'tho, lol. Wish you had some video clips of those punts!

Brilliant indeed!
Unexpected failure modes are so educational, nothing beats that.
And I always knew that those freaks doing aerials must be using magnets…

Massive, that is jus freaking crazy. Congratulations for innovation of the year. Love this.

all the best