The egg thread, lets see them

hiya mark !

yeegads , WHAT happened to the tail , mate ??!! [...the dog in the left corner of the photo looks guilty ....did he EAT  it ?!]

you could always wide square tail , or rounded-square, it , and make it a "stubby"  [a la my 5'7 "orangestub" , on a previous thread here as chipfish61 [IF the photos are still there ] ....unfortunately, " photobucket "  is no longer letting me on there* , to look for said photo / upload a new one ....

cheers

ben

*something to do with the security of the site not being bona fide , at least that's the message which came up on the screen TODAY ......

and i quote ....

"

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Recommended iconClick here to close this webpage.

Not recommended iconContinue to this website (not recommended).

More information More information

• If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
  • When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
  • If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

• [.....doubtless, i'll try again ANOTHER day , hopefully with a more positive / successful result ...chippy without photos is like a surfer with no legs ]

Great pics guys, i love them all!!  Love the roundness of them.

Im thinking of a balsa tail block to go in there, just to stop it looking so odd.

Ben, i can't possibly go any smaller!!!!.

Huie, that template has such smooth curves, im locking it up!.

Foamhead/wal, i will need some Probox in a while if you have any left?

Solo, as usual, sweet looking boards

Cheers

[quote="$1"] I mixed up the titles.

[/quote]

Solo, I love this one! One of the best balanced outline I have seen. How does it work?

Thought i replied, but it didn't show up. Had a few beers ,but not that many!!.

Im going softish rails all around, though the little one will get a bit of an edg

Loving this thread

Solo , love that one with the gold deck !

Huie ,dig those two of yours -  can I have the template too ?

[quote="$1"]

Solo, I love this one! One of the best balanced outline I have seen. How does it work?

[/quote]

Stall has always been known for his eggs. This twin is close to what most Floridians used to ride during the twin fin days.   They work unreal if you like Twin fins.

a recent flatspell or very small waves peaked my interest in eggs too

this one looks just great,

large up front so you can go there and make speed. [this one is flat too in front]

lean back, so you can change direction quickly, carve it up. [back is vee-d]

http://www.gordonandsmithcustom.com/egg.htm

went to all mayor californion surfboard builders, but liked this one most

you can surf the back half similar to a shortboard

but the frontcan be used to go over flats, and make fun

i guess my first real shortboard was an egg too:

but i can't find the picture

Hey Wout, What are the dimensions and fin layout of your egg? Thickness too Please.That looks very similar to one I had in high school made by M. Hynson.

Is the nose hulled slightly with the rails turned up a la S. Frye rails?

Not really. A true egg bears many similarities to old style longboards in that all
    the curves are subtle, soft, and natural. Very close to the ‘hull’ concept, while
    completely unrelated to a fish.

Much like the recent fish fad, many boards that are touted as eggs are far from being the real thing. It’s become another catch-word/gimmick used by marketers to sell bogus shapes to the clueless.

Of all the pictures posted so far, these are the only ones I would consider to be true "eggs". Many of them have a nose or tail that's too wide, or the outline just isn't balanced enough.

[IMG]http://www2.swaylocks.com/files/images/2010/07/p1040847.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www2.swaylocks.com/files/images/2010/07/4397_1052071034422_1605168005_30120724_5002058_n.jpg[/IMG]

[img_assist|nid=1051475|title=Dark love|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640][img_assist|nid=1051476|title=dark love|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640][img_assist|nid=1051473|title=dark love|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640][img_assist|nid=1050487|title=5'8 eggs|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=618][img_assist|nid=1050233|title=cruizer|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640][img_assist|nid=1050234|title=cruizer|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

there you go posting that pic again Girvin... those 2 boards look great!... i just made a template, 5'6", for a similar board. front 2/3 is Lis fish straight from the "surfboard design and construction" book. the back isn't quite as pulled in as yours. i'm thinking i might pull it in some more. still maybe a little thumbier than yours. first i need to draw out a board on the ground and see what it looks like tho... what's the rocker like on those 2?

The rocker is quite flat I can’t remember the #'s i will look when I get home. I shape those out of a US 5’10 A and just add a hair of nose rocker.

My 5’11 is the most eggy board I have:)

Hey Nocean,

The only similarity between your board and an egg is that they would both crack if you dropped them.

:slight_smile:

Hey Chrisp, at Smart and Final grocery stores they sell rolls of butcher paper cheap. It works great for drawing outlines.

Made this 6 years ago.

7'8" x 21" Steve Coletta Speed Egg - Rounded pin - Extreme low rocker - Tri-plane bottom - 2 plus 1 , Future vector side bites, Gerry Lopez SUP center fin / reshaped Rusty Flex center fin...