The future of Surfboards thread...

That’s Jim Richardson, who makes Surflight boards. They have a combination of a stiff composite core covered with softer foam like boogey board foam, and the skin is a very soft material. My brother has a couple maybe 3, one he bought for me to get back to surfing after having heart surgery. I was hoping to try it today, but work got in the way.

McDing was dissing surflights, but they work, and for me it will be a great thing to get back in the water with. The site has new information on it. The current tech they show is fairly new.

Pat Rawson explains it all best

http://vimeo.com/76274783

Pat is such a cool guy.

And talented.

Music too.

Did not know that.

How cool was that shot at the end with all those shapers holding their planers?

Thats what it is all about.

When are surfboard adds with all the workers coming back?

Didn’t know Pat was such a good musician. The guy playing guitar is a friend and former coworker when I was a TV cameraman.

Really good to hear Pat mention Mike Casey. Long time shaper from the Channin group. He’s the one that really helped me step up my game. Lived about 40 feet from his shack. Not only does he make great boards but is a great guy. He deserves all the credit he gets.

Still got a couple of his big deck logos.

Mike Casey is in the same league as Jim Phillips. Mike said he learned from Diff and Brewer. He makes beautiful longboards for Hawaiian waves. He’s been doing a lot of wood work too. Made some incredible wood boards.