the invisible fins

well, the two GS / GL hemp fins I sent never made it to Josh ,

it appears the envelope was ripped open and resealed with sticky tape . [The note saying “here’s your fins” was still in it , but alas …no fins ?! ]

australia post strikes again

sniff sniff

ben

that’s messed up…wtf, mate?!

The guy obviously felt the outline and thought “These would be perfect on my board”

At least they’re being appreciated by someone, even if they are a thief…

Conceal the outline with padding Chipper then they’ll just think they’re pure hemp and let it ride…

What a bummer, do you think the dope dogs may have sniffed the hemp fabric and the post guys smoked your fins?

I’ve lost to date 14 packages over a 6 or 7 year period,sent to various locations in the US and one to Aus. All were packed with either a pair or several pairs of Superchargers.

Musta smelled the glue and smoked it up I guess.

To date I figure I’ve sent about 400 sets worldwide(and poured/finished more than a couple thousand)…BTW that’s a low ball number.You can see where this might get a bit boring for me…lol,Herb

Quote:

I’ve lost to date 14 packages over a 6 or 7 year period

I sent Dale Solomonson a box of fresh-picked Fuerte avocados and Satsuma Mandarin oranges, box marked “perishable”, paid the post office a bit extra to get it there in 3 days as this was in December…and it took a full 10 days to go from California to Oregon. The fruit was so spoiled as to leave the impression Dale opened a cheap special effect from a horror movie…leading us to believe it spent perhaps days next to a heater somewhere. 3 other packages to Oregon mailed at the same time were slightly less compromised. Definitely not invisible.

The same day I shipped him my package he mailed a mat to a customer in Europe, who had it in five days…

Yup Nels !

Have you noticed that there has been several cutbacks in the US Postal customer services and the prices are still going up and up.39cents now to sent a letter.Herb

and be sure to smile when you go into the post office. Some of those counter people may have concealed carry permits, mentally unstable or not!

BTW Doctor Strange was one of my fav comic book heros.

I like the Silver Surfer , but he needs to update his equipment.

Spiderman,F4,Avengers,X-men ,anything Marvel Comics…but my all timer is not even Marvel .It was a National/DC charcter named The Creeper.Short lived ,but way ahead of it’s time…shows that the creator of such heros as Spiderman,could have vision(in memory of Steve Ditko).

Hey mods there is surfing in this thread !!! …see above = Silver Surfer…lol.

Topic drift but…Howard the Duck!!! How he scored Bev I’ll never know

Quote:

Have you noticed that there has been several cutbacks in the US Postal customer services and the prices are still going up and up.39cents now to sent a letter.Herb

Just wait until the new rules that radically redefine classes of mail, i.e. what is a first class letter, what is a package, etc. go into effect along with more rate changes. I believe the date is May 19. The fun should really start then… Not sure what I will do at home, but I definitely plan to S**t C*n the USPS and go exclusively with UPS/FedEx at work at that point. It will be somewhat more expensive, but I don’t need the extra stress that will be generously dispensed by the USPS changes and the resulting confusion…

-Samaim

hahahahah

…keep 'em coming boys !

by the way , do they have any laws against posting turds there ?

cheers

ben

yeah postie pricks… unhelpful as all get out at the post office too. i filled a form out and they photocopied the envelope which had been ripped. atleast if the fins are out there there still a set.

to be continued…

LOL!!

For once, we may actuallu have a more free market situation than the us… Over here, postal workers are darn scared of losing their jobs because the gov’t is allowing competition on the postal markets, low cost parcel delivery companies are picking up more and more mail and charging less to do it… by by grumpy postal bums…

Quote:

LOL!!

For once, we may actuallu have a more free market situation than the us… Over here, postal workers are darn scared of losing their jobs because the gov’t is allowing competition on the postal markets, low cost parcel delivery companies are picking up more and more mail and charging less to do it… by by grumpy postal bums…

If non-government delivery services are permitted to deliver a 1st class letter envelope or the equivalent, than you do indeed have more of a free market in that respect. That class of mail is restricted to USPS here. Until very recently, that was the one and only “ace” held by USPS in that “competition”. Over the last 2 years or so, pretty much since fuel costs started rising rapidly again, they have undercut the private companies on some parcel deliveries, which must be pretty easy to do when you are subsidized by a virtually unlimited stream of cash from the 1st class monopoly. Underperformed them too, but to some vendors cost is the only issue. If this restructuring of the service next month is as radical and confusing as I have been led to believe, and if the USPS pulls it off with their typical display of competence, I suspect that they will be giving back every gain they have made via pricing, and a lot more. 'Twill be interesting times, in the Chinese sense…

-Samiam