thickness

How thick is too thick, how thin is too thin for an 8’ beginner board for a 98lbs 5’10" 13 yr old girl? how thick should i go to be good for a beginner but to allow her light wieght to turn it? Havent been around for a while, some really great looking new boards posted guys! JR

How thick is too thick, how thin is too thin for an 8’ beginner board for > a 98lbs 5’10" 13 yr old girl? how thick should i go to be good for a > beginner but to allow her light wieght to turn it?>>> Havent been around for a while, some really great looking new boards > posted guys!>>> JR JR: On boards for the younger set I usually don’t worry too much about thickness as I do width and getting the curves right and with an 8’ board you’ve got plenty of room to move. I would say around 20-21 width too wide and she won’t be able to carry it and also it will make it hard to paddle (short arms) thickness anywhere 2 1/2 - 3" any less and you loose a lot of stability which the young ones need plus she sure is tall so you have a real possibility of a size and weight change—if she does have long arms (measure pit to wrist) add width and drop thickness say from 3" to 2 3/4" for turning give her a tri set up and a wide tail w/a little “v” maybe a 5-6" square tail or wide round pin and she"ll be up and going and giving lessons to her friends in no time