Thoughts on "longboard guns"

Surfing big Lani’s, Sunset, etc you probably have a much higher surfing skill level than I do so I merely suggest… I’d be tempted to try it out with just the carbon striped canards and center fin in smaller waves. With a single tab, maybe try the canards in either the front or rear side plugs? The main side fins look pretty big. With the plug system you have, you can cover a lot of different conditions but if it works for you in the waves you ride her, who am I to say? I know one thing - I’d be fooling around with that set up. Looks like a great all around board!

I agree with PierreB. that a Bing Pipeliner type shape might be a good board for you.  I ride a 10’6" 14 1/2x 22 1/2 x 11, 3.75" thick from knee high to triple overhead.  It is a single fin pintail shaped by Joe Baugasse and is a great board.  Go with double eight glass top and bottom, triple stringer.  In New Hampshire I imagine you want a lot of floatability with a thick winter suit on.  Give yourself generous nose rocker, ease off on the tail rocker.  Hard rails in the tail softening towards the nose.  A little v or convex in the nose is nice for chop.  You’ll have a board that is very fast, catches anything, rides anything decent and is always interesting. By the way, Pierre, your wooden board is a work of art.

i built a 9’0x 22x 2 3/8 it was a nose rider template. single 9.5" fin. worked great up to the highest i had it in was waist high windchop before it delamed big time. i want to try it in bigger surf when i get it fixed. next one will have more nose rocker to stop from catching down the face.

whats the biggest surf your looking to use your board in? like it was said earlier 1’-8’ is perfect range for an east coast board. we barely ever get to see 8+ and when we do very few spots hold it.