TL2 or firewire

hi ramos, does it really have to be a tl2 or firewire? you can get great boards from the canarien islands. this guy for example make sandwich boards for more the 15years. http://www.northshore-fuerte.com he knows his stuff and there are some more custom shaper over there in spain.

cheers

uzzi

how do you repair the wooden rail if say it bumped into a rock or sommething meaning can a regular guy like myself fix this

just to add…i was at my local marine supplier and there was an epoxy product designed for repairs and fairing…probably a lightweight low strength epoxy mixed with microballons. it does the job right out of the package…apply, cure, sand then seal. easy.

I would get the firewire for sure or get yo self a sunova.The sunovas I have seen at realsurf look amazing just don’t know how they ride yet but mine is on the way and I will give a ride report as soon as I get it.

1. the average surfer doenst fix dings prudently so these boards are not for everyone

even the smallest cracks can lead to further damage.and or water intrusion

1. there will be grommets melting holes in boards by using poly resin(experinced this)

2. got a call from a client who was witness to a mates firewire snapping in 2 ft surf and asked if tl2 was a better option

.belive it or not the board was replaced,client has owned compsands built by mike sabin,and felt there was a manufacturers fault .notably delamination.

i have experienced this in my own boards due to contamination and inncorect process and materials

they should not be able to snap this easy

Hi Paul

Who ?

Mike

gday mike

been a long time mate

i think huie would like to meet you

he lives not far

it was anthony

he contacted me from the site to ask me about repairs and and board he was interested in

hey everybody, i’m really thankfull for all the reply’s and appreciate all the tips and point of views…i’m making a decision next week…one thing i read allot (and i don’t want to step on people’s toes) but it seems as if the quality of the firewire boards isn’t what it was after Bert Berger leaving…i had some e-mail correspondence with the board lady about what her opinon was (on the strength of the boards) and it came down to the point that TL2 is a strong board but tuflite1 is stronger…there where some problems with finboxes breaking eazy on TL2 boards but according to people from surftech the problem was with the FCS plugs and not with the board…

firewire if they are still made in Aus or the USA…

Quote:

.there where some problems with finboxes breaking eazy on TL2 boards but according to people from surftech the problem was with the FCS plugs and not with the board…

id recomend neither

as much as i like new tech

id go to an experinced local shaper and get him to design a board that will suit your weight and ability

it will need the correct volume and need to suit the conditions you mainly surf

as far as the fcs plugs

they would say that wouldnt they

of course it could be total bulshit tho

its possible tl2 uses a lower density foam and they didnt use inserts

ive tested the poly carbonate plugs and they are fine if installed properly

hey ramos

i hear you will soon be able to get one from the  

compsand crew good stuff coming from them

ther all bert disciples

darker than dark