Unrestored vintage Bahne, no leash plug, any idea how old it is?

Hey Ben first time in my life I have to just sit on my ass and heal up. So will try to post a bit 

Though I don’t want to get to hung up in the way back machine, I’m already planning a new quiver for this fall.

Dont have any specs on the stubble Bahne made me probably 191/2 to20" wide thin down rails vee out the tail. Fin? Had a good quiver of fins as the shop was Bahne surfboards/Fins Unlimited so it varied day to day. Must have been 1970 71 I reckon I missed a lot of good waves because that board was so small but back then it was fun to push your limits. Had an even smaller one by mike SLINGERLAND a year or so later it was 5’ gave it to a kid in the neighborhood he used it as a kneeboard. Nice to connect with Bruce(dead shaper) that guy was a hell of a good surfer back then.

so about 10 min. ago a lady walked in my shop and told me how here friend just gave her this board for free! i told her you have a vary nice friend

i know its not a stubby but i jest thought you guys might like to have a look at this one

[img_assist|nid=1067038|title=bahne|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=528|height=780]

[img_assist|nid=1067039|title=bahne|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=534|height=789]

[img_assist|nid=1067040|title=bahne|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=536|height=792]

[img_assist|nid=1067041|title=bahne|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=602|height=407]

Moret shape and Cody pinlines? That’s a gem, right there. Wish my friends gave me such presents.

What’s the length on it? The font used in the logo says mid to late 70s vintage. More like '76-'78, is my guess.

…those little snubbies were absolutely killer. The ones we were getting were mostly 5-5 to 5’10". It was summer 1970. 

Little did Joe and I realize that it was some kind of miracle that Bill decided to shape some of them and they ended up with us!  The ones he did had what I called “toilet seat rails”…yeah, really tapered to the down rails. They had a noticeable S Deck hump with thin potato chip flipped noses. This was pre tri fins of course, and Peter’s sounds narrow from what we were getting… mostly 21" wide and round tails or rounded square…pretty wide. Probably 16"+. The boards were 3-1/4" and 3-1/2" but that just made them more extreme with those toilet seat rails. I think Bill decided that was the way to get foil into them, and we had 9’ and 10" fins we ran with them.

They surfed really good at Augie’s, where, when waist to head high, you get two turns and a cutback then it’s gone. Those little chips accelerated like crazy! Probably had 1-3/4" tail rocker but everything else was flat with slight chined release near the downrails. Peter’s had vee in the tail, I’m not sure if ours did… if so, it was slight, like 1/8".

I shaped one sorta like it a few years ago when Ice 9 was still around and asked me to cook something up for their “AB3” back east. I’ll dig up some pics.  It’s funny that of all the things I could have picked to shape for their AB3, that it was from one of those…they were THAT good!

P.S. Sammy…pretty sure that font was around as early as 1970 -71 when we had our shop in Goleta. I had at least one board with that font but it was all in black. 

hey Sammy, the board is a 7’9

im sure ill be seeing more of this board cause her friend gave it to her to learn on

Sam signs all the off the hook color he does on my boards, one cutomer thought his board was for a guy named Sam and I pawned it off on him as his custom order !!!

Hello all…Found this site because of a board I just aquired…I am a southern cali transplant up here in the Northwest…Fish outta water here…I ahve a few boards now for some nostalgia obsession and for my 63 Falcon wagon… Saw this Bahne picture and thought the board I picked up looked like that…sort of…No name on it but could have been at one time…The Jefferson Airplane applique is what caught my eye…No fin but the guy I got it from says its probaly buried in the shed somewher and will get it to me when and if he finds it…Will get some pictures as soon as I can get them downloaded from my phone…Thanks for the site