UV Resin Questions

Water has a great deal of weight, when broken down into its h2o gas form its very light. Styrene and other chemicals have weight in liquid form also, and I guess when some where to have chemical reactions can be very very light also.

The food I eat some how turns into a gas and comes out my arse, and occasionally out my mouth! ha ha

believe what you want.

Well i waited  7 days in lam stage before hot / filler coat , mekp and uv in bottom and top lam , 6 ounce bottom 4 and 6 patch deck, loosely wrapped in cling ( celo for our seppo bros ) and bubble wrap for clean storage

weighed the process-  and scales didnt pick up any weight loss ,

i can report a significant difference in compressive strength , just cutting the plugs and leash plug i felt it had superior strength to filler coating immediately

i’ll be reverting back to 4 bottom 4 and 4 patch now -  , and i’ll try to give the lam at least 10 days …

just my opinion from a backyard mad scientist …ha

I’m going to put in a halogen flood lamp  overhead.

Any problems with the Halogen generated light kicking off UV Resin?

Nope… should be fine. Halogens produce “visible light”… meaning the spectrum is below UV, like regular flourescents or incandescents.

Thanks much, your a true scholar and archive wizard.

so your saying normal flouro lights will not kick the uv resin?

that seems to be the common understanding

Halogens create a lot of heat. Be careful, you could have heat problems, maybe worse (fire). It may not be good in an enclosed area where you have flammable chemicals.

I think a standard incandescent may be better than a halogen as far as generating heat. Fluorescents are much cooler than incandescent lights. If you have standard light sockets, you can use compact fluorescent lamps, or the newer LED lamps. I don’t know what will happen if you use LEDs with UV resin, some are set to the UV spectrum.

Howzit sharkcountry. It has been noted here on Sways that floural lights will kick off UV resin but you might as well go to bed because it is supposed to take hours and hours for flourals to have an affect on UV resin and I sure haven't tested it. Heck it would have all drained into the blank by the time it even started to kick. Just go to Fiberglass Hi and buy the bulbs from them.I won't say they are cheap because that they aren't but I was paying $18 a bulb and had 8 dble fixtures but the bulbs last for 100's of boards.but always have couple extras just in case you break one.After working with catalyst when laminating for probably 30 years and then finding UV was like "I like Magic"works great for soaking a kids aloha in it then taking it outside and in the end,frame it, they look cool.