Vac bagging tips

Suck down to about 80% total vaccuum, remove festool suction, clamp off tube completely, your main vac pum is still sucking. Pull slack of bag to make deck side tight as possible and rails bend to bottom.

Roll out flats then curves just to make sure things are adhering nicely… Very necessary with veneer. Balsa planks and cork not so much But I do it anyways.

Forty minutes from cutting peel ply to in bag with full vacuum

Wipe drips on floor if necessary

Fan on vac pump just in case. My pumps will shut off automatically if they over heat. Never has happened. Vacuum wood dust prior to turining on.

See resin being absorbed by peel ply.

1. Vacuum pump to reservoir

2. Reservoir has vacuum switch and Vacuum gauge

3. Reservoir to bag.

Bless you, Charlie.

agreed

Thanks for this thread. As good as it is, I still need to find some time for us to get together and see the peel ply action up close. Bernie gave me a pump and bag, and I still haven’t used it myself. I go home and do boards with him.

Did Dennis get in touch with you? He asked me for your contact info.

Badass Charlie!

You make it look easy. Hope you got some of that N. Swell this week.

cool! thanks for sharing your process!!!

Dennis got a hold of me regarding my college loan deliquency? thanks

Hi Jason. Still recovering from two days on the outer reef and 2 days inside for 4 days straight of surfing. Probably next wed and thursday for the ns. Hope you are scoring some good ones too.

removing the peel ply. Stayed in bag 2 hours. Could have come out at 90 minutes.

All off pic also.

Tail wrinkle, cork overlap and sanded seams.

The tail wrinkle cound be sanded and razor bladed out and patched. I’m putting on tail and nose blocks so ignored the problem.

wiliwili wood or willy wonka tail block?

Chose balsa, saved cut offs for reference when reshaping.

You always make it look so easy.

I guess you were towing outside your house this week?

some people complain about how Sways isn’t what it used to be and others post threads like this.

thanks again for a great thread BB30