Waiting on the Hurricane,

. . . . .That was in November 1968. An overnight storm, that took the roof off of several houses on Makau Street. Many trees were down, and debris was everywhere. It was about as much storm as I ever care to experience. I can’t imagine the effect of winds nearly twice that velocity. Hope you guys in Florida, fare well through this current hurricane.

Up date lots of rain the main part of Irma is still south. They say it will hit around 8:pm or so. Now here is something to think about. Right now the bands of rain and wind are covering the Whole state of Florida. Tornado warning in the Melbourne area…

No power. It roof intact and all trees still vertical.
Artz doesn’t answer.
Anyone need any help?

Glad to hear your situation is intact Greg!

Been busy cleaning up yard and sorting out things with my Mother in the Nursing Home. An odd but very expensive accident happened. Somehow she lost her hearing aid. They were running off of generators so many lights were turned off. You could see but was not bright inside. With that of course someone stepped on her Hearing Aid. It’s $1800 for a new one. The good news is that There is really good surf on the other Coast.

Just got power back at home this afternoon.
A lot of trees down, a lot of mess,but little structural damage around town. My hometown dodged yet another bullet.
Thoughts and prayers go out to those in worse-hit areas. We have family in south FL who will be without power or water for no one knows how long. All-told, though, it could have been a lot worse. (see: Houston).

$1800? my god
Surely that can be an ebay job with a bit of tech knowhow calibration? or heck, fly to japan and ask a robot for less than that

Glad you guys made it through the storm. Hopefully you can get things back to normal soon.

We came out fairly well. The storm passed ~20 mi east, but we are 15 mi from GA. Winds were mitigated after making landfall near Ft. Meyers. Jacksonville is ~2 hrs east was dealt a heavier blow. Largely from surge. The attached is from the Riverside area downtown on the St. Johns R. The statue sits on a pedestal 3 or 4’ above grade and probably 8 or so feet above normal river level. Under normal conditions, the river sits just beyond the statue.