Wardy Longboards?

If you can’t build your own then 

You can all thank Clyde Beatty Jr.

Yes you can,  but their is a whole group of Aussies who did their part as well.

Way of the world.  There’s more money in brokering the work than in putting the work in yourself.   

Somebody posted this list of CHICOM board labels a couple years ago. 

I dont think that list is even close to the current market , my boards are not on the list , and never will be : }

Regarding the quote;  you don’t know if he is committing trademark infringement.  If he holds the mark, he is doing nothing unlawful.  If no one holds the mark he is doing nothing unlawful.  Only if he is using the mark which someone else holds, is he committing Trademark Infringement.  Even then it is possible the holder has granted permission to use the mark.   Unethical?  Maybe.  Illegal?  No?  People have assumed the use of old names for many diverse goods and services over the years.

And therein lies the fun. 

Now, anybody can search for the current status of a trademark - see Search trademark database | USPTO at the US Patent and Trademark Office, see which trademarks are live or dead. A lot of surfboard trade names were never trademarked, a lot have been abandoned or been cancelled or just plain died. Or been reregistered by somebody else- 

For instance, the only LIVE instance of : 

WARDY SURFBOARDS

(3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS

Design Search Code

21.03.27 - Body boards; Snowboards; Surfboards

26.11.25 - Rectangles with one or more curved sides

Registration DateJune 27, 2006

Owner(REGISTRANT) Rockaway Beach Surf Shop, Inc. CORPORATION NEW YORK 177 Beach 116th Street Rockaway Beach NEW YORK 11694

The same owner also holds the Natural Progression trademark and probably a bunch of others. You’re all welcome to look up more. 

And it’s all perfectly legitimate/legal.  Not especially classy, though.The only people who can use it, now, are Rockaway. I didn’t see any Wardy surfboard trade name predationg Rockaway’s claim/registration, chances are Wardy himself never bothered.

But the surf business has always been about milking suckers. 

caveat emptor

doc…

Not even active any more.  If it runs out and you don’t maintain it;  anybody can use it.  And it has ran out.

Not surprised that a certain party would make excuses for a scumbag. Birds of a feather, and all that.

Sena’s shady moves go beyond trading on the reputation of defunct labels. They are well documented and have been discussed right here in this forum.

Hahaha!  Not surprised that a sissy would miss the whole point of conversation.  Try bananas or jello.  Works for me.  Of course those remedies will do little to relieve dyslexia.

Wardy closed shop in 1967, moved to New York where he began his art career, never shaped another board.  Friends with Wardy’s wife, Fred is doing well at 88, living in Long Beach these days by his daughter.