west side story- polihale

it started with a 100 year storm in dec of last year. It dump a load of water in the pali above polihale and it all headed back to the ocean.

now we been going through this kind of stuff for , oh me i been going to Polihale for forty years!.

thr road is fun, don’t go out there without 2 jeeps and still you get lost in a mudhole even then.
i’ve lost cars for a couple weeks a few time.
it’s just that way by mid winter till the Kekaha suger cane company came in spring and fix it up for harvest.

when they ended business it just was not done anymore. the navy would grade it once in awhile. the state closed it in 08 and took almost 2 month to open it up again but we knew ways around thier gates. so nice crowd, haha

this time , they went, nope! it closed indefintly, we need 4 millon $ to fix, no $ in budget. sorry, if we find you out there, $500 fine IT’S CLOSED!!!

so we yak and yak at them. finaly after 3 months. ok, ok,!!
we’ll allow privat residents to work on it. jess! just shut up already!!

on 3/22 a load of young guys with big boy toys and a few old guys (how come the old guys get the pickaxes and shovels!) and
"we’re getting it done!

your welcome

pics. here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28305556@N06/

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Ive been goin to Kauai for many years. I went to Polihale once and the family and I were spooked, kind of like someone was watching us. really eerie, I told Ambrose about it and he informed me of the ancients there

a strange day for sure

** Howzit james, Glad to see the locals taking things into their own hands to get things done. Am Surprized the gov is letting you do that kind of work since you know how the county can get about that kind of stuff and liability. In the picture that says Goose and somebody listening, by any chance is Goose, Bruce P who ran for council again this last election, kind of resembles him. Knew the road was a mess but don’t get to that side of the island much and since dealing with this cancer thing and being on Oahu I can’t even find a Garden Island paper to read. But in 2 weeks I get back home to Hanalei and life will be good again. Aloha from a fellow Kauaian,Kokua**

Howzit again james, that was the hundren year storm for the west side, back in Dec 91 the east side had their hundred year storm and got 37 " in about 24 hrs. The paper said it was 48 hrs but since I was living there at the time I can truthfully say it was 24 hrs. Your side of Kauai has been getting hammered the last couple of years and it isn’t used to it like the north side. The thing I have really noticed over the last 5 years is the wind patterns have changed and we are getting less trade wind days which means more rain falling on your side and less on ours. Aloha,Kokua

yes ken,

the dunes have many a hawaiian soul ( ok bones) resting.

i myself have had get the Kahuna out to rebury the odd grave unearthed as the great dunes move.

k.-

glad to hear you on the way home,

yes it;s that the bruce “the goose” talking to hellman Greg Holtzman

http://www.ksusa.org/Forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=6570&full=true&sid=e6c80e034034f15e83c1429f240b6609

after day 2 , progress is good

but now !!!

the emergency phone ( a direct line to police) has been found to have disappeared

state going,

“oh no, can not open!”

idiots!

(not the state)

whoever took it

jd

Please help support open access to Polihale
beach! The Surfrider Foundation is
accepting donations for road, bridge and
other repairs to keep the road to Polihale
open. All work will be done by volunteers.
Write checks to:
Surfrider Foundation , Kaua'i
write on the memo line: Polihale (otherwise it goes to our general fund)
Mail to
Surfrider Foundation
Box 819
Waimea, HI 96796
(Surfrider Foundation is a 501(c)3 Non-profit Organization)

Contact; Bruce Pleas hisurf3@hawaii.rr.com
Gordon Labedz GLaBedzMD@aol.com

Please help support open access to Polihale
beach! The Surfrider Foundation is
accepting donations for road, bridge and
other repairs to keep the road to Polihale
open. All work will be done by volunteers.
Write checks to:
Surfrider Foundation , Kaua'i
write on the memo line: Polihale (otherwise it goes to our general fund)
Mail to
Surfrider Foundation
Box 819
Waimea, HI 96796
(Surfrider Foundation is a 501(c)3 Non-profit Organization)

Contact; Bruce Pleas hisurf3@hawaii.rr.com
Gordon Labedz GLaBedzMD@aol.com

TOPS

OK WE NEED YOU $$$$
we putting out about about $600 in disel and gas a day.

the wear and tear on machine???

the crew no paychecks this week

this is going not end right now,

a org. is needs along long time dialy/ monthy yearly maint. and or one day there be a gate and state ranger going ,
“$$$” like every park in cal. if we let the state take over, (it IS not state road, it’s just a road that leads to a state park)

thier already talking about closeing the road everytime it rains out there for a week or 2 so road will dry out &will not be damaged if it is used.

this can happen 30 times ayear

i glad i’m old!
sorry to you young bloods for us "baby-Boomers " have realy screwed the pooch