What brand of acrylic clear coat

I got this Dick Brewer that is a couple of years old. It’s been glassed and sanded then someone did some really cool art in acrylic. But that’s as far as it got, it’s been sitting for years. I need to put the gloss coat, or even a medium Sand/Gloss over it to finish it Question: what brand of clear acrylic do you spray over the artwork? I don’t want to f-up the art. Also its been done with a paint brush it has some pretty thick spots of paint, lots of color. Do you see any preventable problems??

i use a car laquer which is a two part mix made by upol i think just mixed up the laquer with the hardner at a ratio of 2:1. you can get acrilic laquers aswell but they dont seem to cover aswell.

i use a car laquer which is a two part mix made by upol i think just mixed > up the laquer with the hardner at a ratio of 2:1. you can get acrilic > laquers aswell but they dont seem to cover aswell. are you just coating it and leaving it like the Break Through brand clear coat, or are you glossing it.

…Painter’s Choice,home Depot,$2.50 a can,good stuff.Herb

im just spraying it through my gun! takes about 20 mins to dry to a tack about 1 hour full dry

im just spraying it through my gun! takes about 20 mins to dry to a tack > about 1 hour full dry …I hear ya Paul, …but most of these guys don’t have the equipment to spray their own mix,like you,and I can.If you got the gear, go for it.If not,the Home Depot stuff works great,I use it all the time,including on my Superchargers for the gloss coat.I’ll bet most of the people that have them(Superchargers), wouldn’t even have known that unless I told them here and now.Herb

Can I shoot the 2 part mix through my HVLP?

…Yes.Herb

what is the stuff called at home depot Herb? how is your spraying equipment set-up? use a water filter? type of compressor, pressure?

…The HomeDepot stuff is in a spray can.Herb