where can i get materials in san francisco?

Im just looking for some materials to do some ding repairs while im in town here in san francisco for a couple of weeks. I cant get a ride to santa cruz till next week and already have a good dozen boards lined up, so im trying to get started sooner than that you know, make a little cash. I have gotten a few numbers like alex martin, randy cone, and the guy pat who does repairs for proof lab but i cant get a hold of them or they cant help me out so i was just seeing if anyone could hook me up on here…im guessing my best bet would just be getting a ride to santa cruz earlier but i figured id give this a shot.

http://www.tapplastics.com/

154 South Van Ness

San Francisco, CA 94103

Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 6, Sat 9 to 5.

Phone: 415.864.7360

Fax: 415.864.3177

Quote:
...and the guy pat who does repairs for proof lab

That’s funny - Pat Judah owns Proof Lab and has shaped for 20 years + …

No offense, but if neither he nor Alex Martins is returning your calls, maybe you should check your phone attitude - they’re two of the nicest, most helpful guys you’d ever know.

I’m trying to be helpful here, too, not bustin’ your nuts.

Quote:
http://www.tapplastics.com/

154 South Van Ness

San Francisco, CA 94103

Open: Mon-Fri 8 to 6, Sat 9 to 5.

Phone: 415.864.7360

Fax: 415.864.3177

Clear poly resin at Tapp or Home Depot, don’t get the brown resin, it is worse than the brown acid. MEKP also.

Sanding pads are easy. Any hardware store.

Glass at Tapp, or a bag of 4oz from Wise or Aqua. Same for Q-cell or cabosil.

Wax paper at the grocery store.

right on thanks for all the replies for sure…i went to tap plastics today and got hooked up, i was suprised they had just about all i needed, I figured they wouldnt have microballons or good cloth but it was all there so im stoked…thanks again

Quote:
Quote:

…and the guy pat who does repairs for proof lab

That’s funny - Pat Judah owns Proof Lab and has shaped for 20 years + …

No offense, but if neither he nor Alex Martins is returning your calls, maybe you should check your phone attitude - they’re two of the nicest, most helpful guys you’d ever know.

I’m trying to be helpful here, too, not bustin’ your nuts.

seriously thats what you got out of my post? I just said i couldnt get a hold of them when i tried to call a few times. I actually got a hold of pat later this afternoon and he was super nice and hooked me up with the tap plastics tip…couldnt have been nicer, and when i talked to alex a few days ago he was super nice too, he just didnt really have any numbers off hand he could hook me up with then i couldnt get a hold of him the next few times i tried calling, probably because he was in the water or something …i didnt say anything even close to negative about anyone…so this trying to call out my phone attitude stuff, seriously man you have got to be kidding me…