Which board blank for a Mini Simmons?

Will do! Going to pick up a few blanks in a couple weeks and will post updates on them. 

Biggest problem that board dresigns has is its unability to turn. Just like the namesake, Simmons never turned either. If you want fast & flat, buy big and cut down from ends, if you want it to turn, Fish blank.

Thanks Barry, Yeah thats what I’m gathering with my research. I mainly am looking for a groveler type board and was looking to make something that was as fast as possible on mushy waves and hoping for just some swoopy type turns. This is more an exercise of experimenting for me to play around with different shapes and see what this type of board is all about. I’ll also be buiding a couple fishes with differnet Dims to get some experience there as well. Use these as a baseline to draw from and go from there…

Cheers!

Curious about how you template that 6’11 and how the whole thing goes.  Keep us in formed?

Hey McDing. I had almost forgotten about this thread and wanted to give an update since you asked for one. Here are a couple of shots of the board so far. Template is cut and bottom rocker is done. Have begun bringing the deck down to thickness and started a couple of rail bands to begin the foiling. Will continue foiling it out and then fine tune the bottom contours. I have it at 5-11", 18.75"N x 22.5"W x 18.5"T. 2-7/8" thick. 3.25" nose rocker and 1.3" tail rocker

Haven’t started the fish blank yet though I did finish making a template that I like. 

Cheers!

Pat

Looks fun and cheater five-able!

Hope so!!