Who among you are using texture on your fins?

H2S !

if you dont have access to the secret shark skin sauce, what sandpaper grit would you recomend for the finish on a fin? does it differ for fin type - single, twin, thruster, etc?

If you can find it, Rustoleum Anti Slip Clear, will get the job done.      Previously I obtained it at Home Depot, by the single can.      Can’t find it, except in bulk, by the case, now.     Not cheap, but it is THE RIGHT STUFF.       Merry Christmas !

Is this the stuff?  https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-AS2102-Clear-Anti-Slip-Spray/dp/B000U7ENEM

Yes, it is.

muchas gracias!

I’m a bit late to the party.

I use two different profiles on my fins, depending on the use case.

When I need low drag at low speeds (low wind conditions in windsurfing), I go for a laminar profile and a smooth as possible finish.

When I need low drag at high speeds (traditional surfing and well powered wind conditions), I go for a turbulent profile with rough finish.

I put Rain-X on the bottoms of my boards and my fins.

Be careful with rain-x, do not get it anywhere near your eyes. I once wiped some sweat from my face not realizing the rag t-shirt I used had some rain-x on it, I got severe chemical burns in my eyes, extremely painful.

Might help combat Big Whitey.