Why I still love sways

I’d love to see a Rusty some day with a laminate that read “Sway’s Inspired”

'Anyone can have a wild ass hair. Lotta good wisdom here. I didn’t know anything about building boards ‘til , so. Jus’ tolerate… l like Sway’s; checkit everyday! Done ’ nuf mushroo’s to know, there is good magic here! Notta poof, so spare the you know what.I love this site.

Wow…I’m shedding a tear :wink:

Seriously though, I agree. I started surfing when I was 9. I’m 38 now. I ALWAYS wanted to shape, glass and sand my own board but figured I never would…Just too much to know. Granted I’ve only done 10 or so, it NEVER would’ve happened without Swaylocks. Thanks to ALL the “pros” and “hacks” alike on here that pass their knowledge and experiences down. Great job and MUCH appreciated. People like Kokua, Thrailkill, KiethMelville, etc… have made my attempts at building my own boards worth it. And the results are priceless…

Well said, schuz! And timely, too. For me Sways has broken the culture of secretivness that made it so difficult to make a board. I tell people if I can do it, anyone can. At the same time I appreciate even more the skill and time commitment some of the master shapers and glassers have attained because I know how hard it is to do really well. Mike