Why SINGLE-FIN on a midlength?

…If weight,flow or strength is a factor,this might be the best route to go.Herb

…If weight,flow or strength is a factor,this might be the best > route to go.Herb Chuck has made some 6-1/2" and 7" center fins for the Red X Bonzers. I’ve got one in my board. Larry has them available through Block Surf.

I as I recall back in the days I rode a single fin that I could get a much more solid, driving, drawn out, on the rail bottom turn with my weight more forward than I can now from my thruster. But since I haven’t ridden one in so long maybe I’m just imaging I could. Perhaps I’m just getting too old. Would this sort of stability at speed be expected with a single fin?

SCGary, there are large longboard fins made for FCS plugs. They do have 3 or 4 tabs though(cannot remember). You could easily install two extra fcs plugs if you wanted to go that route. Or a box, a little more work IMHO, but you would propably get a better result. regards, Håvard

While watching old footage of Malibu during the Hippie era(early > seventies), Jay Riddle is pulling tail 360’s on his egg looking single > fin. Viewing this, even got a rise out of some teenage air nazi rippers > that were watching with me! The fact that Riddle still looks handsome and > articulate ‘now’, fueled my “back in the day” speech to these > young scrutinizers, who think ‘Slater’ invented radical manuvers. A good > dose of 70’s Terry Fitgerald after that had me in my gym doing bench > presses with these new school posers(by then i was talking sh@t, Fitz’s > looks/style in the early 70’s were without a doubt the pinnicle(no gay > sh@t here either!) . The look, style, flow, lifestyle, physical stature of > these early unpaid magazine hero’s has kept me strong all these years. We > all need to PAY ATTENTION and REPRESENT! Get off the Longboard and the > Carbohydrates. When you tell someone “yeah I’m a surfer”, you > represent an athlete that is part of a culture that most people can’t even > start to wish they were part of. If I see another pot-bellied Longboarder > smoking in the beach parking lot finishing his quart of coffee I’m going > to cry. Some of you will understand… I strongly agree. BTW, I’m still laughing over this one… Magoo

I strongly agree.>>> BTW,>>> I’m still laughing over this one…>>> Magoo Thanks, there was a long period of time(80’s)when I hid the fact that I’m a Surfer, from most people in the career industry I’m in. This was because of the “knarly dude” stereotype most idiots (football jocks, golfers, non-athlete’s) have. I needed to be taken seriously to get up the ladder in this industry. Needless to say it’s been a struggle(no thanks to Spicoli or those bank robbing, pot smoking surfers in Point Break). In my conservative inland neighborhood, I’m the only ‘Surfer Dude’, among all the Fathers/Home owners, they don’t know how to relate to me either. Even though I am older(late 40’s) than most of them, and am college educated/Father/Homeowner/22 year marriage, the biggest difference between us is I’m not fat/bald/old looking/watching football on TV. Nowadays I’ve accepted the obvious, ‘I am a Surfer’, and mostly surf with teenage rippers. Funny thing, kids are stoked! they are pumped and full of life, not bitter or vindictive, or negative, like many adults unfortunately. I’m no jewel either, but seeking a better path that includes my surfing anyway.

Thanks, there was a long period of time(80’s)when I hid the fact that I’m > a Surfer, from most people in the career industry I’m in. This was because > of the “knarly dude” stereotype most idiots (football jocks, > golfers, non-athlete’s) have. I needed to be taken seriously to get up the > ladder in this industry. Needless to say it’s been a struggle(no thanks to > Spicoli or those bank robbing, pot smoking surfers in Point Break). In my > conservative inland neighborhood, I’m the only ‘Surfer Dude’, among all > the Fathers/Home owners, they don’t know how to relate to me either. Even > though I am older(late 40’s) than most of them, and am college > educated/Father/Homeowner/22 year marriage, the biggest difference between > us is I’m not fat/bald/old looking/watching football on TV. Nowadays I’ve > accepted the obvious, ‘I am a Surfer’, and mostly surf with teenage > rippers. Funny thing, kids are stoked! they are pumped and full of life, > not bitter or vindictive, or negative, like many adults unfortunately. I’m > no jewel either, but seeking a better path that includes my surfing > anyway. It seems that we have traveled similar paths. Let me know when you are going to be in the HB area – I’m always looking to find Corporate ladder types that know what living is all about. Magoo

It seems that we have traveled similar paths. Let me know when you are > going to be in the HB area – I’m always looking to find Corporate ladder > types that know what living is all about.>>> Magoo Very similar story here also.

Very similar story here also. It’s our thing… M

It’s our thing…>>> M Magoo, Funny you used that term. When I came back to surfing (89),after a very long lay-off, 1 of the many labels I received from the R.I.Crew was “The Don”. Next time your talking with Jim P., a couple of years ago he was asking his good friend Mario from here, if he (Mario) knew who I was. As it turned out I saw Mario right after they had talked. I don’t know if Mario ever did tell him. If he did, Jim knows, It’s a last name around this area, that would be eqivalent to Tony Soprano, if you lived in New Joisey. Jim, if your reading this, it was Cal, who gave me that label.

It seems that we have traveled similar paths. Let me know when you are > going to be in the HB area – I’m always looking to find Corporate ladder > types that know what living is all about.>>> Magoo Thanks for the offer, but really never surfed HB or any OC/LA except for Salt Creek and Trestles years ago. ‘Bowing down’ or getting dropped in on by the local pecking orders has always been a ego problem for me, so I usually stick to home where I have my way with the KooKs and SurfDiva’s(by out manuvering not dropping in them). The abundance of waves in San Diego from NW or SW keeps us well fed and I’m a familiar face around here!!!

R.I. is great.I need Frappe and a grinder.K 39 too. R.B.

R.I. is great.I need Frappe and a grinder.K 39 too. R.B. Roger, Are you forgetting those “N.Y.System Hot Weiners”? They are still at their best after 3:00 AM.The “K”, still breaks, since you’ve been here, there’s another break there, looking out, to the right and a little more inside. It’s appropriately called: “k-38”.