Widow maker fin placement

Looking at the first pic;  I think you could move that box forward a bit.  An inch or two maybe.  I know that your board is not intended to be a hull;  but it might be a good idea to google a few pics on “Hulls”.   I think fin placement on a Hull will give you a better idea on the kind of leeway you have.

I remember pissing off a board maker from Santa Cruz on this site when I made the statement that routing thru the deck looked like crap and made the board unsellable.  I guess I struck a nerve.  When I Shape a board with a tail of less than 1 1/8”;  I’ve been drinking and I’m really pissed off at some woman.

Got the name wrong.  Two center boxes are a “Tingle” .  Three are a “Cluster F**#”.

Thanks a heap. Every one of you. I have been away from the computer, swaylocks world for a  bit. Been doing the family thing and nursing my fiancé. She has crushed and snapped the tip of two toe bones off. Dropped an 80kg slab of timber on it of course no orthopaedic surgeons are available over the festive season.

I’ll just post some pics of the progress. But yes I am looking at moving it a bit further forward to around 5.5”.  The fcs 2 are salvaged from another broken board.

Used this custom weave in the deck. Basalt down the centre and nylextra strips. Supposed to help with incrased impact resistance. Was able to get into the company that weaves the cloth. They had a big order that didn’t get filled so I was able to customise it to my own specs to a certain extent.