Will a hotcoat kick ungelled resin beneath it?

Red boards, if you use MILLED FIBERGLASS, and mix to toothpaste consistancy the worries will be gone forever. I have posted examples oif this alot if times on different threads. Works everytime it is tried even with fast hardener.

This is what it looks like by a 17 yr old, first time builder in 1.5lb EPS with a quad set up. spooning in tooth paste consistancy resin and milled fibers. Fin plugs to get exact cant, carefully take out fin plugs, put release film over box, 2.5mm wood in this case on either side of box to make even to top of box. Place weight over box to secure.

Cool thanks Harry.  I am going to let it hang out for a while and then I will proceed!  I like that shape!  Cool board.  

Thanks McDing I confused myself haha.  I appreciate your help and I am glad that its going to be fine.  And Yes, I am using Poly.  

I had a similar experience glassing a board in Ecuador many years ago, but for a different reason.  I didn’t realize the resin supplier had given me a separate little bottle with the cobalt promoter (In my experience back home in the states, the resin already came with cobalt added.)  So the catalized resin I used on the first layer of glass took days in the tropical heat to “kind of” harden.

I figured out what was going before proceeding, and the rest of the glassing went fine.  Ultimately, the board held up fine despite many beatings in juicy El Nino swells (this was 1998).

Gave the board to a friend before I left.

I am glad to hear that your board held up well!  

Charlie——. You were probably at Short Sands(AKA Oswald State Park). Beautiful place and more consistent than most spots in Oregon.  Up to head high.  Two creeks draining into the Cove feed three pretty consistent peaks.  A fun wave and not a secret spot.  Yeah Oregon is fairly friendly with the exception of political discussion.  Portland has a great social/cultural lifestyle.  I have seen performed and heard some great music at venues from Portland to Jackson/Medford.  On topic;  When I used to have a shop at the Baseyard Maui(cane field armpit). I did several boards with two part automotive clear coat.  Surprisingly easier to spray than I thought it would be and came out good enough to leave unpolished.  But that Omni and PPG was toxic.  I have heard they are less so these days.  I regularly use 1/32” milled fiber and white Gel coat to sink my longboard boxes.  But I have to admit I have never used milled fiber with Epoxy.  Wonder why it doesn’t exotherm.  Next time I do handles or an EPS longboard I will give that a try.  I eliminated my leash plugs on longboards by going to a drill thru on the fin box.  Glad you had a good time over here.  Because of the bb30, I always assumed Navy.  Lowel