1/2" toe-in on a twinny. Yikes.

Well this thread definitely took a turn down the road towards confusion. 

I finally got a chance to ride the damn thing and it went really well. I think the general concern was that it was going to be slowed down significantly by the over-toed fin boxes but it seemed to glide just as well as the other ones I have shaped up until now.  

Like I said, when I did finally get my hands on a  6’ straight edge, it appears that that imaginary line from the inside of each fin meets up just about at the tip of the nose (give or take).

so in conclusion, was it over-toed? Yes slightly but was it enough to create drag? I don’t believe so.

At  the stringer works.  If we hadn’t got side tracked I would have said “ride it” before you do anything.  As long as you don’t cross over they are usually fine.  1/4” Toe 1/8”  3/16” Toe.  That’s where the Sways experts come out to put everybody in their respective place.   I have had two shapers and two glassers tell me over the years;  less toe for Shortboards, more Toe for longboards.

—I understood pretty well what you said; you do not understand what I am trying to say. I say, not for me, that the sentence that I mentioned in the other comment could be confusing for many in the future.

Read again your sentence and read again this: if you have 1/4 toe in the line should not join with the tip of the nose because as mentioned, only in one board that tip and 1/4 toe in would be in the same line, in all other cases, the 1/4 toe in would be outside the tip.

So, seems a syntax error but I wanted to clarify for future readers.

I’ll pass.  Thanks just the same.  I understand whether you do or not.

Much Aloha 

Brothers 

I for one am happy to hear you like the way it rides!

On the toe-in measurement based on off the nose trajectory, it’s impossible to calculate (if you want to get technical) without knowing the tail width and how far off the rail the fins are set.  If 17"in tail width is compared to 14" in tail width, and the trailing edges of the side fins is say 1 1/4" off the rail, aiming the fins to the same point at or beyond the nose is going to result in a significant difference when leading and trailing edges are measured off the stringer.  

Well the dude abides man