10 Customs

This is my most recent batch of Customs.

Ask any question you like ,there is a good range of boards here.

Left to right are

9" x 22 1/4" 2 7/8" 3-fin longboard

9’ x 21 1/2" x 2 1/2" 5- fin Epoxy longboard

9’ x 21 3/4" x 2 5/8" 5- fin epoxy longboard

Lite Blue 9’ x 22 1/4" x 3" Rocket 3 - fin

8’ x 21 1/2" x3" 5-fin Rocket

Blue 6’4" x 20" x 2 3/4" twin

6’1" x 19 1/4" x 2 1/4" 4-fin

Orange 5’10" x 20 3/4" x 2 3/4" 5-fin fish

5’7" x 21" x 2 1/2" 4-fin fish

5’6" x 19 1/2" x 2 3/8" twin

very nice greg

if its okay

im interested to know the spread/measurements on the bat tailed long board

i like the orange one btw

14" and 6 3/4"

Fins have to be a certin sze for it to work best.

thanks greg

perhaps we can chat some more about it?

ive been planning a compsand 9 footer longboard for so long now

but the logistics are a nightmare

i cant even get template material that long

and i have to make new rocker table out of insulation sheets and offcuts

but cant do that until i have the hotwire templates done

Greg, Nice set of boards, really like the girl logo design, looks like out of the 60’s. Cool artwork! Mahalo,Larry

Greg

Regarding the smallest board (twin fin). If I was to substitute your custom fins for a set of off the shelf twin fins for example

(g-tf1) or (mr-x) what would I notice the board doing or not doing?

How much does a surfers body shape effect the finished board? For example I have seen somewhere that board shapes for women are different. Given that 2 surfers were the same height and weight but one was tall and skinny and the other was short and wide but they both ordered the same length board would the volume be the same but distributed differently and if so how?

The board seems to have a healthy amount of rocker. How do you make it so it doesn’t ‘push water’.? In paddling do you aim for a way the water flows over and around the nose and front or do you put the board on top of the water with extra volume. The nose of this board seems thinned out in comparison to the one next to it is why I ask.Also being short I would expect it to paddle slow so with a bit more rocker how to make it catch the wave easier is of interest to me? I have heard a shaper mention ‘release’ being important on take-off in order not to get caught up in the wave/lip.

In going from one fin setup to another say twin fin to quad to five fin is the way the board balanced in the water whilst surfing any different? I guess what I’m asking is if you make a board for 2 fins and then change it to a 4 or 5 fin setup what has to change board shape wise rocker, rails planshape) to make the new configaration successful? Conversely if the different fin configarations provided the same hold, drive and lift would we feel it as different and surf it differently? How does each setup tap into the energy of the wave and effect how one surfs.?

Does the twin fin excel more than the 4 of five fin in a particular way of surfing or wave type?

Mark

Grif,

Have you used Probox ?

What kind of deck plugs do you use ?

Nice work !

Herb

great looking boards.

I don’t see any FCS rings on the deck side. Do you not H pattern them? If not, how well are they holding up?

rob

Beaultiful as always. very clean lines.

Nice spead, my favorite is the orange fishy shape.

How long did that take for all ten, do you do the whole board start to finish or just the shaping?

Nice boards Greg. I’m interested in the 9’er that is 21.5" wide. Even though it’s narrow(er) it has a nice outline.

==ep

Sick joy, they look unreal. The 8’0 looks like it would ride anything. Any chance of seeing em with fins in?

The whole 5 fin thing is very intriguing (never seen one in the flesh) , be great to see some shots or video of em in action.

Also missed my favourite angle: the one with the board on the rock and sunset point in the background. .

As i make the fins i will repost them in more detail.

The blue twin and orange 5-fin are orders for a customer who has 3 -5 fins and because how they went for him he’s ready for more.

I…(ya, I can be an idiot at times too)…geeez.

Quote:
I ask you simple questions and never get any answers back........As far as I know I've ony been kind to you,but that's okay,I won't waste my time with you anymore........geeez.

Trouble in paradise?

If this is directed to me .

The Cable sevice has been down for about 3/4 of a day.There was a big fire in Waialua last night.

I am preparing to put my wife in Hospice for her soon to be death tommorow.

Big meeting with the Doctor at 10:30 in the morning.

I have not slept for 2 weeks

Hows your day going GEEEEEZ

I think i am doing pretty well for whats happening.

Probox would work well for my 3-4 -2 finned boards.

Greg

no words can truly express any sort of condolences in your situation let all the good times be the thoughts of the day.as far as Gregs boards go, trust when he says that they work a certain way lots of thought go into them happy to own one.if you ever get a chance to personally talk to Greg you will see that he is very open to talk design and ideas. aloha....

Privateer, I agree with you, Greg has alot going on in his life right now and our prayers are with him. Mahalo,Larry

Sorry Greg,

You’re holding up great in my book !

I’m looking at my 5th round of chemo coming up ,here, soon…not fun.

I wish you all the best I can muster up, my man…Again sorry, for being so short w/ you.Herb

ps. Bob Smith says ,“Hi”.

my prayers go out to you and your family Greg!

it’s amazing you are able to fill such a large custom order with all thats going on with your wife.

please don’t let my order take priority over your personal affairs.

thanks to the internet i can admire my boards online!!(the blue twin and orange fish).

G,

Gotten alot of phone calls,emails and PMs in regards to you…Truly ,you let me know,if you need some assistance.I’ve got friends all over the place.

Aloha,Bra.Herb