2012 Firewire 5'11" X 22 5/8" Baked Potato Modified (Kneeboard)

Year Built2012
ShaperFirewire
ManufacturerFirewire
Model NameBaked Potato Modified (Kneeboard)
LocationPERTH Western Australia

As a kneeboarder the Baked Potato by Firewire looked like a perfect board to convert to kneeboarding. Purely Experimental. Ideal for small waves.
With the forward fins replugged forward of existing forward fin set the board was set up as a quad. It could easiy be set up as a tri or single fin by putting in a long fin box set in traditional Aussie Kneeboard style well forward. Using large Mark Richard fins forward and less large rear any combination could be done, even 7 fin combo.
It surfs really well, rail to rail very maneuverable, very buoyant and very easy to catch waves. I’m impressed enough to want the next size up 6’1" for juicier waves up to 8’. Riding style a little different than my Friar Tuck boards and so much fun. To me IT WORKS but it would be good to get others kneelo’s riding them for feedback. Worst case scenario sell it back into the standup community.
Supplied as Quad /Tri fin The BAKED POTATO offers a few subtle design adjust- ments over the SWEET POTATO. The nose is pulled in slightly and some of the rail volume has been removed to allow for even faster rail to rail transfers. The BAKED POTATO has the same aggressive double concaves and ‘V-spline’ running down the center of the board which allows the board to get up on the rail much faster than the overall design would indicate. Primarily designed for smaller, weaker conditions,